Chapter 7

Aurora stepped out of the car and straightened out her dress. The part of the beach they were at was silent. This didn't surprise her though. The Patti was actually about a mile away, so that they wouldn't get in trouble with the law. She turned to Nate, smiling.

"It's a bit of a walk, but it's totally going to be worth it."

Nate nodded and followed Aurora. It took them about an hour to get there. As soon as they had gotten close enough, they could hear the sounds and feel the bass of a song that Aurora was able to immediately identify as Breaking The Habit by Linkin Park.

Jay greeted them as they got to the semi-large group of people. He hugged Aurora and shook Nate's hand. A guy, who had snake bit piercings and black hair that covered his eyes the two a cup of beer. Luna eyed it at first, then took a stop. It was a weird, bitter taste. Her face scrunched up. She didn't understand how people could possibly get addicted to that stuff. Nate denied the drink. He was going to let Aurora have her fun. Aurora, not wanting to seem rude, finished the cup and threw it away.

When she'd finished throwing the cup away, Shake It by Metro Station turned on. She grinned from ear-to-ear, grabbed Jay and Nate, and rugged them to the dancefloor, where she immediately started to do her own little dance she'd created for it when she was a little kid.

Every song that came on was songs that Aurora knew and lined a lot. She was dancing for almost an hour when she finally had needed a break. She was tired, and dizzy. She wondered for a moment whether or not that beer she'd had had finally caught up to her system, but she shrugged it off.

Aurora sat near the edge of the woods, watching Jay and Nate dance with others around them. She watched as the "social outcasts" of her old high school were able to finally socialize and let loose. She didn't, however, hear the young man behind her until it was too late. One moment she was watching the pay, at everyone being so carefree and happy and the next a hand was covering her mouth and an arm slip around her waist. She was lifted up, out of her seat and quickly brought onto the forest. Aurora was so busy fighting her kidnapper, that she hasn't noticed the small rag that smelled strange until the moment before she passed out.