chapter 11

I take a long and hot shower, trying to scrub the embarrassment of the conversation I had earlier with him away. Why was he so seductive to me? I thought I repulsed him. I get out of the shower and look at the clock on the wall. It's 5:00.

I walk to my bed and see the dress picked out for me this evening. It's a red formal long dress with slits on both sides of the dress. It's mature looking and I doubt I could pull this off. I slip it on anyways and see the shoes that were hidden underneath the dress. They are gold sparkled Christian louboutins. I actually like these. I am about to put them on when Maria walks in with two other people.

"Wow, you look stunning in that dress amanda." She exclaims.

"Thank you, but who are these people?" I ask.

"Oh, these people are here to help you get ready.  A Makeup artist and a hair stylist." She says excitingly.

"Ok." I say nervously. They all look at me.

"I definitely think her hair should be down, but pinned back because she has beautiful eyes. What do you think? Should her hair be straight or have beach curls?" The guy with pink hair asks.

"I think beach waves. It'll match the subtle, but sexy look I'm giving her with the makeup I'll use." The lady answers.

"Yes, of course. You are so right." He replies. The they both look at me again. The guy sticks his hand out and I shake it.

"Hi, my name is jermey, but you can call me j and this is pixie. We are aware of your current situation and must I say that you are a natural beauty with a body I would kill for." He says happily. Ok, so everyone is ok with the fact that I was kidnapped? This is crazy and these people are even crazier.

"Um, thank you?" I respond questingly. "My name is amanda." I also say.

"Trust me it was a compliment and nice to meet you. Don't be too freaked out, Jermey is almsot too gay to function." The girl says while setting her equipment up.

"Am not!" Jermey shouts back.

They are quiet when they start working on me or doing "the business" as they say. Why is everyone cool with me being held hostage? Is this a normal occurrence for kade? I continue to think about it so much that I didn't even realize when jermey started putting highlights into my hair.

An hour later and I'm finished.  I just stare at myself in the Mirror and I'm mesmerized. I look like a celebrity or something. The red lipstick looks good with my dress and I have to make a mental note to say pixie was right. I was a little anxious about the red lipstick, but pixie was correct. It totally works well. I hear a a knock on the door and it creaks open. Kade sticks his head in. He sees me and smiles.
"Take a walk with me ma. Yes?" He asks. I feel a little weird considering what was discussed last time, but he makes me want to do things out of my comfort zone.

"Ok." I say as he takes my hand and leads me out of the room and into a greenroom. There are plants everywhere and it's so beautiful. Roses of every color are lined up and down the room along with many other flowers. It's a sight to see. Kade offers me champagne and I accept a glass. Why is he being so nice?

"I would like to apologize for being so crass lately." He says softly and genuinely. I look into his eyes and see that they have softened.

"It's ok." I reply. He stares at me again and I start to feel hot again. He leans his head in an-
"Boss, your guests have arrived." Gt interrupts. Kade backs away and clears his throat.

"Well we can't keep them waiting. Shall we?" He offers his hand and I take it. We walk back into the main living room. People have began to fill up the room.  There is a live band and waiters walking around with champagne on trays along with small appetizers. Kade leads me to the center of the dance floor.

"May I have this dance?" He asks. I take his hand again and we start to dance slowly. I don't know why, but I feel safe with him. He kidnapped me and I feel warm when I'm with him. I like this kade. He makes me feel special. We continue to dance and I lean my head on his shoulder. I look to the side and notice a girl standing there and staring daggers at me while sipping champagne. What the heck? I ignore her and continue to dance with kade. It feels like we're floating on air. Then be abruptly stops.
"Excuse me. I have to speak with someone." he says. Then he turns and leaves while straightening his tie. I let my eyes follow him to a chunky man smoking a cigar in the corner. Both of them leave out onto the balcony.  I have the sudden urge to pee and I head to the restroom. Maybe it's all of the champagne I drank.

After I'm done using the restroom, I wash my hands. I hear the door open and see the lady from earlier. She stares me down then starts applying her lipstick. I am about to leave when she says something.

"You know it'll never work."she says.

"Excuse me?" I ask.

She turns around to face me. "Kade never stays true to one girl. That's a fact." She says pronouncing her words clearly.

"Well, I didn't ask for your facts." I snap. I Don't know why I'm so hostile, but something about her rubs me the wrong way.

"I'm just trying to give you a tip." She says raising her voice.

"Oh is that why you followed me in here? To give me a tip? No. You came in here with your little stank attitude to try and intimdate me. So to give you a tip, it's not working." I say raising my voice to match hers. Where is this coming from? I've never acted like this before. She then has the audacity to smile at me.

"I think I underestimated you." She says lowly.

"You wouldn't be the first. Now I don't know the story with you and kade nor do I care, but I do know something. Kade is starting to change. And you can go fact check that." I say walking away. Dang that felt great! I'm praying as I walk away that I don't trip and fall. That would mess up the dramatic exit.