chapter 8

Amanda

1 week later

It's been the same routine for the past week. Wake up, eat, shower, and sleep. Nothing else. I keep waiting for something, but nothing ever comes. It's hopeless. Is anyone even looking for me? Does my dad realize I'm gone? What has lily been doing to be so preoccupied that she doesn't even notice her step daughter is missing? She has to be busy because if she would've been looking for me she probably would be already found me. Maybe she doesn't care.

I've met a staff member named maria. She talks to me while she gives me food or cleans my room. She seems to be OK with the idea of me being held captive because every time I try and ask her for help she refuses to do so. She brings me fresh clothing, towels, and pretty much every feminine product I need. I'm being taken care of well, but all I want is to be home. I still haven't been told my captors name. He makes small talk with me sometimes from outside the door. At first I tried to ignore him, but that was clearly a mistake because he literally sat there and carried on a conversation with himself for hours before I finally said something. We just talk about books we've read or TV shows we like.

I don't want to be here. I want to be home covered in my snuggie watching Netflix or talking to some friends. The only upside from this is I don't have to see my ex boyfriend who cheated on me. He wants me back, but I don't think I want to risk my heart getting stepped on again. I realized he wasn't worth it. My father thinks we are sill together, shows how much he's in my life.

I shower and change into pajamas that were layed out for me. Maria does this for me every night. I slip into the bed and stare at the wall. I probably have counted every little crevice in the wall. I hear the bolts being unlocked from the outside and don't even bother turning to see who it is because i have a pretty good idea: maria. She likes to say goodnight to me. I honestly enjoy her company sometimes because I do get lonley.

"Hey." I hear my captors smooth voice. He has a hint of an accent in his voice. I can't tell what it is though, not like I care. I ignore his comment and presence.

"You know this could be a lot better for you if you actually talked to me." He says and I don't even hafe to look at him to know he has a stupid smirk on his face. Should I face him and say something? No i automatically think. Deciding against my better judgment I turn around in my bed to face him.

"What am I supposed to say? You have kidnapped me. Hi how are you doing captor." I say sweetly. This earns me a frown.

"Hopefully this will be all over soon." He says. I just look at him. He is really handsome. a tan and toned body with tattoos all over it. Light milk chocolate eyes that barely show emotion and a full head of black hair. He has a strong jaw and faint dimples that appear when he smirks. Which he is doing now.

"You done checking me out?" He asks smirking at me. No actually I'm not, I though to myself. Whoa. Where did that snappiness come from? I roll my eyes at him. He is honestly very annoyingly cocky. He's the type of guy that screams arrogance and i can tell he has never been told no. He has this confidence about him that he carries with him. If I weren't under this circumstance I would find him insanely attractive.

"Well, that's nice of you." He states sticking his chest out. What?

"Pardon?" I ask.

"You find me insanely attractive." He states proudly. Omg I said that out loud.

"Oh,...erm.." I blush form embarrassment.

"It's ok. I do have that affect on many woman." He says as he throws a wink my way. Oh geez. Mr. Cocky.

"I didn't say you were insanely attractive, I said I wish you were insanely attractive." I say and bite my lip from nervousness. This earns me a chuckle.

"You're funny." He says.

"And you're annoying." I reply instantly.

"Oh I don't think so. I think you like me. I can tell I affect you by being in here." He states. I roll my eyes at him and turn back around in my bed. I hear the floor creak, but I don't dare turn around to him. I feel his breath on my ear. "Don't let the bed bugs bite." He whispers into my ear. My breathing starts getting uneasy. I swallow my reply, knowing my voice would be too weak. I ignore him until he leaves and locks the door.