chapter 1

Amanda

My step mother approaches me in my room. She looks like she's been speaking at a political campaign of some sort. That's how it's supposed to be. We dress to impress. Well, I try to at least. Tomorow starts winter break so I have nothing to do. Usually I would be studying, but right now I'm just laying in my bed. I was texting my best friend scarolette, she was telling me about a party. Lily would never let me go.

"amanda stop slouching."
She scolds and I sit up.

"I was wondering what are your plans for this summer." She says.

I haven't really thought of what I was going to do. It is only still December. Last summer I went with my church to Africa to build schools. It was fun, but lily told me to go.

"I don't know, lily. I think I want to have this summer to myself. " I say as sweetly as possible. She obviously won't let me have my choice. I could probably call dad, but I don't want to bother him.

"Amanda, I don't think that is wise. You need as much activities on your college resume as possible. You need to be ahead of other people to get into top colleges." She says with mock concern. I know she just doesn't want me here for the summer. She likes to be by herself and carry affairs with younger men. I know this because our church came home early and I got an eyefull. Dad doesn't care as long as a scandal doesnt get out, so why should I?

"I'm thinking about sending you abroad. So you can continue your education over the summer." She says and leaves my room quietly. I don't say anything back, but I do think of a few choice words for her.

I just sit there and stare at my old teddy bear. I want to have fun this summer and to do things like hang out with friends, but she's going to take that from me. Only if I let her.

******

I decided I was going to tell lily that I was staying the night with scarolette. Scarolette came to pick me up and now I'm here looking at myself in the mirror after Scarolette helped me get ready. I'm burrowing her clothes. I'm wearing a short leather skirt with a tight white crop top. Black pumps and my blond hair is curly. I don't look like myself at all. Maybe it's because of my smoky eye makeup and dark lipstick. Lily would not aprove of this outfit. I just want to experience a little fun.

"Omg, you look so hot!" Scarolette yells.

"Thanks, scar." I say and hug her.

"No problem, I'm sure when we see your ex, he'll regret ever cheating on you." She says with a smile. I doubt it. He's a douche.

"That's the plan." I reply. Enough with the heart to heart, I head to the party with Scarolette.

Author note: ik this chapter was short and crappy, so are like the first 4, but I promise they get waaaaaay better. Just keep reading.