chapter 14

I wake up feeling warm and rejuvenated, having had the best sleep since I've got here. It's weird. Who would've thought? being kidnapped has helped me not only mentally, but physically.

I turn over and see kade enter the bedroom. He has nothing, but a towel on and his abs are glistening. I just lay in bed and stare like a maniac. Damn. He's hot.

My stare trails up to his face. I full on checked him out and he knows it because of the smirk that is currently residing there.

"Good, morning" I say as he walks over to the bed. He bends down and kisses my forehead. There's something about that gesture that makes me swoon.

"I have to take care of business business today, il mio bambino. I won't be around much." He says standing above me.

"I am trusting you to the extent that you will not be confined in your room. When I leave, you can visit any room you like. You won't have a bodyguard following your every move" He says pulling away from me. I miss his warmth. Our confessions to each other has drawn us closers than before. I can actually see myself with him, even outside of this whole situation.

"Ok." I reply subtly. I want to explore his apartment. He finishes getting dressed in his armoni suit. This man looks good in anything he wears. He ties his tie and it's uneven.

"Here, let me." I say as I sit up on my knees to assist his tie. "All finished." I smile.

"Thank you. Be good." He warns as he leaves.

*******

I had fallen back asleep for about another 2 hours after kade left and I'm famished. I walk out of his room and into the kitchen. A standard grilled cheese is what I whip myself up, but I chow down on it like it's the best meal I've had.

I don't know what to do now. Kade usually talks to me or I find a way to entertain myself in my room. Being in the room was driving me crazy, but now that I don't have to be locked in there, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

So naturally I do what any girl would do in this position. Snoop. The detective work calls to me. I know so much about kade, but at the same time, I don't. I know his favorite books, his favorite meal, and his favorite color, but nothing personal. Everytime I've talked about my childhood with him he would nod and change the subject. It never bothered me before, it only made me more curious. And Curiosity killed the cat.

I went back to kades room to begin my little quest. I search under the bed, in his dresser, Under his dresser, and still nothing. This guy is good at hiding things. I guess I understand it though. That's the whole point of hiding things.

I open his closet and search through his clothing and shoes. Jeez, people think women are into fashion, but kades closet begs to differ. There's nothing in here.

Why am I even doing this? Maybe there's nothing to hide after all.

I waltz back into the hallway and begin opening doors. I finally come to the most interesting room in the house. His office.

Again, I only do what is natural and start snooping through his drawers the last one is locked, no getting on that one. On his desk I see a folded piece of paper. I open it up and see a message. 'Always a pleasure doing business with you'. I flip the note over. A number is written on the back. It automatically chills my bones.

It's my dads number.

*******
This was a short chapter, but I've been super busy. I'll try to update more frequently....☺