chapter 15

We're going to have a talk. I am completely stupid. I actually thought I could have something special with my kidnapper. What type of stuff is that? I guess this was the wake up call I needed.

I'm sitting on his bed when he returns. I'm shaking because I don't know how this is going to turn out. He walks in the same way he left: hot. I have to ignore the warm situation that happens to my body when I see him.

"I thought you'd be eating dinner by now." He says with his accent lacing his words.

"I guess you could say I lost my appetite." I reply trying to keep my composure together.

"Ok. Is there something wrong?" He asks.

"What an odd question considering our predicament, but yes there is something wrong. I think I deserve some answers now." I say. He's quite for a moment then he starts undressing.

"It's been a long day. But I agree. What do you want to know." He asks midway through unbuttoning his shirt.

"Why don't we start with this." I say as I pull out the paper with my dad's number on it. "Is this why you kidnapped me?" I ask ignoring his body to keep my train of thought.

"You want the truth?" He asks.

"No. I want you to lie to me. Yes, I want the truth!" I raise my voice.

"Then that is partly why. Your father owes me. I thought you were lily and clearly you aren't. I chose to keep you because you are his daughter." He says without blinking.

"Could you be any more broader? What does my dad owe you?" I ask.

"Money." He says simply.

"For what?" I ask.

"Come on, manny. Put two and two together. What do I do for a living?" He asks condescendingly.

"First, you don't have to be an asshole. And second, there is no way my dad owes you money for drugs." I say disbelieving.

"Believe what you want. You saw the evidence yourself. I understand you are in a state of shock right now, but be rational. Do you think I would lie to you about this?" He asks. I don't know what to think. My heart feels like it dropped into my stomach. Could this be true? Is my father really buying drugs? If so, why?

"You kidnapped me and you sell drugs. I don't know what else you are capable of." I reply with uncertainty.

"That's fair. But I'm asking you to trust me when I say that it is true. And there's more." He says

"For now. Let's say I believe you. Why would he buy drugs from you?" I ask.

"I don't know if telling you is the right thing to do for you, but I'm going to because I think you deserve to know." He says. He takes a deep breath. I can tell whatever he is about to say is hard for him. He doesn't want to tell me, but I have to know and he knows that.

"Your father became a regular client about a year ago. At first it was simple things, like marjuana here and there along with some bars sprinkled in sometimes. Basically not too heavy drugs. Then he started requesting harder stuff. He requested heroine, cocaine, and ecstasy. I didn't care because he was just another client. The money is what mattered to me, it still does. Soon those drugs weren't enough for him either and he started requesting roofies. At the time, I didn't know what he was up to. I just thought he was another higher class socialite, who had a bad habit of partying. Then one drug meeting I asked him what he uses the roofies for and he told me." He stops talking and grabs the bottle of whiskey from his table. He pours himself a glass and swiftly drinks it.

"So he told me. He used the roofies to sell women." He says finally looking at me eye to eye. This is not true. My father would never do that. The nerve of him to make up these lies!

"What does he sell the women for?" I ask condescendingly.

"Baby, I think you know what for." He says softly.

"What does he sell them for? Huh?" I start yelling in his face.

"Hello" I yell again as I snap in his face

"Say it, kade." I yell.

"Damn it, just say it." I yell. I slap him across his face. Hard. He grabs my wrist.

"Rape, amanda. He sells them to get raped." He yells. He still has a hold of my wrists in his hands.

"He runs a prostitution ring with unwilling woman." He says.

"No, I don't believe you. Stop lying. My father would never do that!" I scream as I start crying. I collapse to the floor and sob my eyes out. Kade holds me like a baby as I sit in his chest and bawl. He wraps his arms around me tighter. I don't want to believe him. I don't want him to be right. Deep down inside I'm utterly confused and uncertainty clouds my mind. It could be true and that's enough to undo me. He's my father. The man who taught me to ride a bike. The man who taught me how to read. The man who taught me my abc's. Could he possibly be this monster? How? I cant deny the evidenc that has been slapped in my face. My dad is all I have left of my family. My mom is dead and so is JJ. I have no one, but him. Now he's at jeopardy of being taken away from me too. My heart aches and I feel like I'm about to throw up. My whole life has been a lie.

"Manny. There is more, but I don't think you should hear it all right now. You're emotionaly wrecked." He says softly. He kisses my forehead.

"No. I need to know. I don't care anymore. There is nothing you can say that won't shock me." I say wiping my eyes and sitting up.

"Are you sure?" He asks brushing my hair back away from my face with his hand.

"Yes. I need to know." I reassure him.

"We have reason to believe that lily knows you've been kidnapped." He says.

"Whose we?" I ask.

"My team and miles." He answers.

I start to laugh. I laugh harder than I have in a long time and wipe my eyes from the tears.

"Now that I believe. Lily hates me. She thinks I interfere between her and my dad. I don't know what's funnier. The fact that you call your gang a team or that lily basically doesn't give a shit that I'm being held against my will." I say exasperated.

"Being held against your will? I thought we both understood you aren't being held captive anymore." He says.

"Sure, sure. I just can't be outside. I can't walk around the apartment building without being watched. I can't even leave the premises, but I'm not a captive anymore." I say sarcastically.

"Is that what you want? To have more leeway?" He asks.

"Leeway? Um, the fact that we are even discussing this proves that you still treat me as a captive. I promise you I won't leave. I love you. I just want to be able to do normal things. Go out on a real date." I say.

"Ok. We'll try this." He says and kisses me. Without kade, I don't know what I would do. Right now he is my comfort blanket. He cut me open raw with what he told me about my dad. He consoled me and replaced my dead heart with a beating one, then he stitched me back up in a matter of minutes. I've been dead on the inside for so long, every since JJ died from a car accident. When I'm with Kade, I feel more alive than I ever have before. Even after everything that was told to me today and the uncertainty that was caused; I know one thing that is not uncertain. My love for kade.