Chapter Two

I leave the the gym after putting on my jacket and the rest of my things, I head to my last class, room 103. I rub the left side of my head, walking past the main office I can see Herald being yelled at by a man and women, maybe the principle and the principles assistant. I don't know, just as I was going past the office a door opens, "Excuse me, Ms. Kwan, may you come here please. The Dean would like a word with you."

"Uh.. Sure.." My head is pounding with pain. I walk in still rubbing my head, the man looks at me then points to a room near the back of the office. I walk into it and sit down on a chair to wait.

After a few moments the man enters alone, this man, possibly 6ft 7in, weighing just over 220 pounds, short ginger hair, with a tired face, stress filled eyes, and a glass heart of gold. Should've guessed he'd be a Proper. I sigh slightly, as he leans against his desk. "So you're the one Herald has been going on about huh?" He sighs, "I'm sorry about him, he can get a little full of himself when he feels he's above someone. It won't happen again." He loosens his tie, "I don't know why he's acting this way.." He sighs, "Well, are you going to speak Ms. Kwan?"

I look down at my chest, my necklace was unintentionally covered by my scarf, I fix it so it isn't in the way, the man gasps softly as he sees my glass heart, my half soul, "Herald doesn't like me because of this..." I keep my eyes away from his cold blue eyes. "It started during today's first class, but Mr. McCall was there to shut down the situation but still, it hurt you know.." He nods, I continue, "Are you his father, mister?"

"Peter Sanibel, yes I am Heralds father. Mr. McCall informed me of what happened, I didn't believe him when he mentioned your soul, but seeing it now I can understand why my son dislikes you." He goes and sits behind his desk, "He's still just a child who does not understand this world, he believes himself bigger, more important, than everyone, even the Propers. He sees you as a target, an easy target, you've half a soul, you don't belong in this world, Herald just wants to prove that to everyone else. But trust, my wife and I will do our best to make you feel comfortable in this facility."

I look at him, "Th..Thank you.. Mr. Sanibel, that means a lot to me.. Thank you." I smile, "But what're you going to do about Herald?" He smirks,

"The Proper laws make it clear for high school students, he will be suspended for a month. No more, no less, if he does not change when he returns, he will be transferred to another school. Simple." He takes a drink from a glass cup on his table. "He may be my son, but I will not tolerate any form of disobedience towards the Proper laws of society." His voice stern and serious. He looks at my head, "Do you need a pill for the pain?" I nod, he gets up and opens a cabinet full of pills, he hands me a couple of pills, "I'll get you a water from the machine in the hall, stay here, okay?" I nod, he goes to get the water and returns quickly with a bottle. He hands it to me, I take the pills and drink the water quickly.

"Mr. Sanibel, I hope I didn't cause to much trouble..." He chuckles, "What is it?"

"You caused no trouble Ms. Kwan, it was my son who caused the trouble, he knows the consequences for breaking the laws of the Proper, if he wants to break them then so be it." He takes another drink from his cup, "Anyways you should get going, you're already 30 minutes late for your last class, no need to be any later."

I get up and leave the main office quickly going to my last class. I knock on the door, a young girl comes and opens it for me but stands in my way, "And you are?"

"My name's Sarah Kwan, I'm here for my last class of the day." I was so nervous, this outcast was very rude in her condescending tone, she holds the door open for me to let me in, as I walk in there's a decent mix of outcasts and porpers so it felt fine enough, the teacher was also an outcast, but I would've never guessed it by the look on her face when she saw me.