Going to School

Rascal and I figured out how to spy on the Glitter Force. We decided to send me to school as a 'new student' and I was supposed to act shy and mysterious. Well, it was the only way I could act since I was really uncomfortable with acting like something that isn't me. And heaven forbid if Rascal knew I was uncomfortable, he would make a whole new plan. He was so detail oriented, he even made a place to meet before and after school. After we had our plan set up, I became a new student. I wore the girl's uniform for school with a silver tie to match my hair. I put an ice blue head band in my hair with a same colored, fake lotus blossom to match my eyes. When Rascal saw my outfit, he looked astounded.

"What?" I asked as he tried to regain his composure.

"Oh nothing. You just look beautiful." He purred in his usual tone. I growled at him and blushed hard. I hated it when he did that but it got me every time. "And feisty as usual." He grinned. I rolled my eyes as Rascal offered me his arm and I reluctantly wrapped my arm through his. We disappeared in a flurry of cards and feathers. We reappeared in an alleyway and before I could walk away, Rascal stopped me. "Aren't you forgetting something?" He asked. I turned around and saw he was holding my backpack.

"Oh, thanks." I said as I grabbed my backpack and started to walk away again. Once again, he stopped me and I whipped around in anger. "What do you want now!? I'm gonna be late-" I was cut off by a kiss on the forehead. I was a blushing mess as I was finally left to walk to school and I tried hard to compose myself as I walked down the sidewalk. A few people glanced in my direction but didn't really question my presence.

When I arrived at school, I got ready for my first class and started to walk down the hallway when I was spotted by the Glitter Force. Emily and her friends sped up to catch up to me and I reminded myself to act shy and mysterious. Emily tapped me on the shoulder and when I turned around, I shied away from her and her friends.

"Were you in the park yesterday?" Emily asked me. I looked at her with confusion.

"She apparently isn't the right person." Kelsey sighed. I thought I could stir up a little mischief and become mysterious.

"I was..." I murmured. They all perked up immediately.

"Were you running away from us and with Rascal!?" Emily exclaimed as if she were on to something. My eyes widened and I quickly darted away with a big teasing smile on my face, but only they couldn't see because I was facing away.

As I headed to class I was eager to see who my classmates were. I got in my seat just as the bell rang and the teacher stood up in front to speak.

"Class, we have a new student today. Silver, would you tell us a little about yourself?" Everyone turned to look at me. I wasn't used to all this attention so I shrank down in my seat and shook my head no. "Well, that's alright. We have shy students every once in a while so you'll be fine." I looked up at her and smiled  sweetly. She smiled back and started to teach.

After a few classes were over, I was about halfway through the day. I sighed as I entered the Algebra 1 classroom. I was going to fail, for sure. I hated math. Even if I never went to school. And, to make things worse, my father was an uneducated emperor who doesn't know anything about math. Hopefully it's easy enough for me to get a little grip on it. I sat down in my seat and waited for the bell to ring. I was getting my notebook out of my backpack when someone kicked it a few feet away. I looked up in surprise to see a bratty looking girl chewing her gum without closing her mouth. I growled under my breath and rolled my eyes.

"What did you say?" She asked snappily. Even her voice was annoying.

"Was I talking to you?" I said flatly. This seemed to fuel the flames and she stomped on my foot. The only reason I didn't flinch was because she barely even put pressure on my foot. She was starting to really get on my nerves. She saw me start to have a look of anger on my face and started to talk smack about me to her friends right in front of me. I ignored her, got up, grabbed my backpack, and sat back down. She looked at me in disgust and then walked away when people started coming in the classroom. I sighed in relief. I was glad I didn't have to deal with her because I would have blown up if she pressed my buttons anymore.

Eventually, after doodling for a minute or two, the bell rang and the teacher started to write some basic algebra 1. I tried to focus but the brat decided to sit in front of me and was trying to pass me a note behind her back. So, I reached for it and smacked it out of her hand without the teacher noticing and stepped on it with my foot. I dragged it closer with my foot and left it under my foot until the end of class. I wasn't going to let her get me in trouble for passing notes.

We had a few minutes to ourselves and so I pretended to drop my pencil and grabbed the note out from under my foot. I unfolded it and saw it wasn't a poorly drawn picture of something rude as I expected, but an actual note. It read:

Hey brat. Meet me at the park near the fountain after school.