Magpie girl

"So meet me at the shopping centre, at like, three?" Esme says excitedly. 

"Yeah.. sure... whatever.." i Say listlessly. I end the call and fall back onto the bed. I don't really want to see Esme, i want to see Zac. Yesterday we walked home together and he slowly came out of his shell. I grab my laptop and open up facebook. i type in "Zac Shelley" and wait to see what comes up. nothing. i grind my teeth in frustration, this boy is untraceable. the doorbell rings as i thump my head to my pillow.

"Grace.... someone's here to see you!" I sit up swiftly, who is it? i race to the top of the stairs and then walk elegantly down, is it Zac?!

it;s not Zac. this person is tall and red haired and handsome. Harry. 

"oh. hi." i struggle to hide my disappointment. His face droops. 

"Grace... we need to talk," He starts. i sigh and fold my arms. 

"Do we?" I ask tiredly.

"Yes! We really do... you and me... we-"

"Hazza babe!" i look around him at Jodie and i swear i could punch her."

"Oh... Jodie.... Hi..." He says awkwardly. 

"We live next door to each other, remember?" I say crisply. he goes red and shuffles his feet. 

"I thought you were going to the loo? idiot." She ruffles his hair and smirks at me. Jodie's like a magpie, steals everything nice and worth having. 

"Oh, hey Grace, catch you later!" she giggles and drags Harry away. his eyes flit meaningfully to our mail box. i frown and reach in as my fingers close around an envelope. i look up to catch his eye, but he's already been dragged away.