fingers crossed

I'm here. its taken a lot of struggle and perseverance.  but i'm here. and i'm as nervous as hell. i'm first. the first person. but i have to do this. this is my chance to show the world that i never gave up.i found out two days ago that i have three weeks to live. for days i felt like giving up, why me? But then i remembered, i'm the girl whos smile is going to change 1000 heads, giving up is not an option, and theres no way im going to die in three weeks.

Hell No. because i know, that I am Grace Adams, and i am never going to give up on life.

"Grace Adams?" a tall woman wearing very shiny lipstick with long curly hair smiles at me and pushes my towards the stage. my face is powdered, my lips are pink. i'm ready. my fingers trace the silk scarf that hugs my head. i have to do this. i take a deep breath, i hear  the fake cheery voice of the presenters  announcing my name. there's no going back now. i walk up the steps, the bright lights of the stage flashing into my eyes. i feel like a blinded rabbit in the headlamps of a truck. i walk over to the microphone. my heart pumping. the judges lean forward and the audience stir.

"Hello, and you are Grace Adams?" the first judge leans forward interested.

"y-y-yes!" i reply in a squeak.

"Tell us about yourself." the other judge asks leaning forward.

"I.... Can i sing first please?" i look at them, straining my eyes to see them beneath the glare of the spotlight. 

"Very well then... music please?" the third judge nods at the music man. i hear the soft music unfurling around me and i lose myself in the music. "theres a hero....."

The clapping almost deafens me as the audience whistle and stamp and cheer. i feel a blush seep through my cheeks. 

"Well done! Well Grace, i can clearly tell you that you have three yes's! but now can you tell us about yourself?" everyone is silent now, listening. so i open my mouth and my life story spills out.

"My name is Grace Adams. and i have... leukemia. and three days ago, i was told that i have three weeks to live. but i'm not going to let that come true, i'm going to fight, fight on for my life. I came here, to tell you, that I never gave up. at school, my boyfriend James dumped me, and my best friend didnt want to know me... but i didnt come here to moan and get pity, i came for respect. and i want the world to know that you never need to give up, you can carry on fighting, until the very end. and if it wasnt for my best friend Faith... i wouldnt be here today. so i hope that today i have shown the world. that i never gave up. and i carried on fighting until the very end." i smiled, and with the sound of cheering and applause, i left the stage with my head held high, and the sound of clapping ringing in my ears.

 And i know, that deep inside me, i am going to live on.

Fingers Crossed.

My Life, my Story, my Way.