Wrong Apartment

Harry trudged up the last few steps of staircase, cursing liberally about the stupid frugal apartment manager that just won't fix the elevator no matter how much the tents complained. He really wished he didn't the like his quaint studio apartment so much.

And he wished he didn't like his neighbor that much more.

Speaking of his neighbor, he wouldn't be able to sneakily watch him fight with the lock of his door through the keyhole today since he had overtime. The 4th of July was synonymous with killjoy. His job as a music manger meant that holidays was when he was the busiest. Though all the clients he managed were British, he had to maximize on the American holiday and get them all appearance at festivals in various states of US. But Thank god for video call, that meant he could do all the managing in the comfort of his beautiful London.

Harry propped his bag on his leg and supported his weight on his umbrella, God bless ye the ever raining Britain, and reached into the bulging bag to look for his apartment key. Whilst rummaging the bag, a streak of light coming from his apartment caught his eye.

If there was light ...

that meant the door was open ...

But if he didn't open the door

That meant ...

"Shit , I'm being robbed!" He harshly whispered to himself after his realization. Before he could reach for his phone and call the police, because the apartment building security was just as useless as its management, fluffy blond hair obscured light coming from the slightly ajar door.

There was only one person he knew with that head full of blond hair. So he smiled at the gods smiling down on him.

Niall has been the kind of person to make stupid mistakes, primarily because he had to grow up pretty fast. He had a great family, parents that's adored him, an over bearing big brother that was there for him and a bunch of cousins that cheered him on with everything especially when he was necking those beers in pubs.

But like most families in Ireland, they barely managed. Dad worked the night shift plus the afternoon shift at a local manufacturing company. Mum was a nurse that took any shift that came her way. She also did personal home runs where she was a private care taker for bed bound patients. But even with that, it was barely enough to put food on the table, clothes and on their backs, pay schools and pay the mortgage.

It was tough because he had to take care of himself from a pretty young age, with the big age gap between his brother and him; it meant that Gregg left for university when he was still in primary school. With his parents always working, he had to feed himself and raise himself but it was all good for he had a level head on his shoulders.

That why he was surprised when the tall lad, wearing the tightest skinny jeans he had ever seen on a guy with a black shirt over a black blazer, was looking at him with a gaze laced with humor and a bit of shock, said, "Hi, Mr. Thief."

"Huh?"

"You are in my apartment love." Harry cheekily said, his dimple popping out of the side smirk that he was giving a very confused Niall.

"What. No, I'm ..." The guy was standing in what Niall had presumed to be his kitchen, but upon further inspection he noticed that this kitchen was just too polished to be his.

First off it actually contained the essentials that were need in a kitchen, utensils and an actual microwave and silver stylish stove tucked in a little kitchen crook was just too expensive looking to be his second hand electricity guzzling contraption.