Chapter 4: UP UP AND AWAY!

It was finally time to leave. The last few days passed in packing and getting lectured by mom and even dad on dinners and sometimes on breakfast, when we weren't enough smart to escape. It was just that they were worried for us and wanted us to be smart and alert.

We were currently at the airport. My mum's waterworks had started since we reached here. Adi was constantly hugging her, pecking her and making her laugh. He was such a mama's boy.

Dad stood beside me, his hands in his pocket as he explained do's and don'ts about the trip. And I listened to him with undivided attention, humming and nodding whenever needed.

He wasn't much of a PDA fan. Hence, that explains why he isn't with mom. My mom loved PDA. They were quite opposites actually. Aaaand...the opposites attracted.

They still love each other unconditionally. I can see it in their eyes. While my mom was an open book of emotions, my dad was reserved and kept it to himself.

And in this case, I was like my dad, while my bro was similar to mom in the matter of feelings and emotions.

Emotionals are fools-is what my dad believed.
Emotions differ a human from an animal-is what my mom believed.

So different!

As the announcement was made, I hugged dad and he patted my head before kissing my forehead.

Next, I hugged my mom tight as she squeezed me back with same force. And I knew she started again.

I pulled back and sighed as I wiped her tears and her wet cheeks. "Shhhh. I'll be back before you know it." I winked. She laughed and told me to take care.

I turned and shouldered my bag pack as I made a move to the doors. But it was yanked by me. I looked up to see my brother nodding at me to go ahead. Isn't he such a sweetheart?

"Thanks!" I exhaled and smiled thankfully at him. He winked back.

"Bye! Take care! And have fun! Come back soon!" I heard my dad yelling at us! We both waved back as we turned our backs to them. Mum was crying and dad an arm draped on her shoulder.

My eyes became moist and I blinked back the tears as I handed my passport and ticket to the lady.

~<>~

I was currently trying to locate my seat. It was somewhere in the third row and it was a window seat.

Hah! Located it!

I was in economy class. Lufthansa was the name of the airlines. The organizers happened to reserve a particular area for their customers. That is us! So that we wouldn't scatter away at the time of important announcements. It was their way of keeping the flock of birds together.

I was trying to push the bag pack and suitcase up in the compartment, but was unsuccessful due to my height. I huffed as I thought of trying one last time before I call for help.

I pulled my neon green bag pack off the floor and stood on my tiptoes. Just a little bit higher. Just a bit- A hand shot out from beside me as they situated my bag pack and suitcase safely in the compartment.

I smiled at the thought of my bro. He was always there for me, when I needed him.

I turned to thank him and was caught off guard when it was not him.

A handsome, blue eyed beauty stood tall in its 6 ft height. He ran his hands through his brown locks as he smiled charmingly at me. He extended a hand towards me.

I clamped my mouth shut on the contrary to open and parted as O, earlier.

I forced a smile. "Hey! Thank you so much for the help." I exhaled a nervous laugh.