Chapter 2: DREAMS DON'T WORK UNLESS U DO

To say I was distracted, would be an understatement. It was past midnight and I was tossing and turning in the bed. M not insomniac. But at the moment, sleep seems to be a foreign thing to me.

The urge to take risk for once in life is so strong that it is making me insane. I couldn't even sleep. And this urge is not far from turning into a need!

Giving up on sleep, I turn my laptop on and try to distract myself from this reckless thought. Unfortunately, it was like my fingers and eyes had a mind of its own. And soon I was scrolling down an article that said "Best of the world on foot." It was a trip to Europe, Greece.

INCLUSIONS:

7 nights accommodation in Greece, with 3 nights in Athens, 2 nights in Mykonos and 2 nights in Santorini

Daily breakfast

Half-day city tour of Athens with Acropolis Museum and Parthenon

Walking tour in the capital (Chora) of Mykonos

Return airport transfers

Ferry tickets from Athens to Mykonos, Mykonos to Santorini and Santorini to Athens

Visa Assistance (Note : Visa Fees is not included)

Travel Insurance

It has been my dream for so long, to travel around the world. Especially, Europe! Who wouldn't want to travel Europe? And as for Greece? Beautiful is the word! And it is calling me.

So without any hesitation I applied for it. Payed the money by credit card, and filled all the important details they will need to know about me.

I am legally acceptable to go. And besides there will be others-strangers- who will be accompanying me. Double awesome! A golden chance is all this is. A trip with strangers means a chance to know new people, a chance to make new friends, and an exciting journey. I can start fresh!

To say I am excited to go in this trip would be an understatement. I was all jittery in the pit of my stomach and I was happy-if giggling was any indication. I never giggle.

And soon I have been laughing loudly as I tucked myself to bed. My family sleeps like a buffalo and I am the only light sleeper. So my proof of being insane was safe with me.

Sighing loudly, I shut my laptop and kept it on the bedside table as I slid back in the cave of my pillows and tucked the thick fur blanket up to my chin.

Well, at least I made some progress!
I yawned as I made myself more comfortable and drifted off to deep sleep.

~<>~

Next morning, I woke to a binge in my iPhone. I had received a mail from the exudos-the company organising the trekking trip-like it said, I would be receiving an email indicating the details I needed for the flight and trek in the next 24 hours after I applied for it.

Staring at my laptop screen and re-reading the mail for the umpteenth time, I squeal and jump on my bed.

It felt more real. I don't know, but still this seems like a dream. I haven't done something so reckless in my whole life. And I couldn't believe I did this. I applied for it! And everything is on me. If something goes wrong, I am responsible for it.

Sighing, I jumped out of my bed and tucked the laptop away to the bedside table as I made my bed.

Well, let's just hope nothing goes wrong. Not only am I getting to travel around Europe, but also a chance to start new-discover myself.