Chapter 13: GUILT CHASING CHASE?

This chapter is dedicated to pooh_writes for being so supportive and encouraging me to believe in me and that it'd get better. Thank you so much girl! All love! ❤️❤️❤️
___________________________

Aakash had reserved a table for us, or so he said, because I can't find him anywhere.

"He's not here. He's chasing Chase." He said when he caught my eyes searching for him.

"Oh. So it's gonna take a while, then." I said referring to Chase who must be banging a girl in his room. "Wouldn't it be harsh for him to cockblock him?"

I earned a splutter of water across the table and a pair of comical wide eyes. I was afraid they'd pop out.

Nick managed to seize coughing and eventually get out of the shock after a minute. "Have you even used that word before?" He asked wiping his face.

"You aren't hearing it for the first time I am sure." I said offended at his reaction. It's not like I am goody two shoes.

"No." He made a face. "But it sounded strange coming from you. I didn't expect anything as dirty as that coming from your mouth." His eyes dropped on my mouth.

"It sounded foreign to me too. And I haven't said anything as dirty as that before." I confessed.

"Uh-huh. Then why sudden change of use of vocabulary?" He questioned, folding his arms over the table.

I shrugged. "There's a first for everything." I didn't feel like explaining him anymore than that because I too didn't have any explanation for what I did and why I did.

I guess I just feel comfortable being around him. I don't filter.

He nods, like he understood my hesitation.

"Woah. Look who's finally here." Nick yells and waves, his eyes trained behind me.

I turn in time to see Chase being thrown into a chair beside me. "Geez. Rude much? Did you forget to do your morning workout or you just find it amusing to drag me all the way here?"
Chase winced, rubbing his knee that he accidentally bumped.

Aakash just glared at him in response.

"Long time no see brother!" Nick put out his fist for Chase to bump but he just glared at him. I leaned forward and bumped mine against his, before he withdrew his fist back. A smile playing on his lips, he winked at me.

"We just met 12 hours ago." Chase replied grumpily.

"Why you so grumpy? Did he interrupt anything?" I heard two snickers that didn't belong to neither Chase nor me.
And the glare was forced on me now.

I dodged it by changing the topic. "Where is Adi anyway? Didn't you run into him before?" I referred to Nick running into Adi before we bumped in the corridor.

"Yeah. I have no idea." Said Nick.

"He's on a date." Aakash said slowly.

"What?!"

"A date."

"I heard that. I mean, with whom?"

"That girl named Adira?" Asked Chase. Aakash nodded.

"Wow, when did that happen?" I asked as I slumped back in my chair. I felt betrayed. He is my brother and everyone but me knows what's going on in his life.

"This morning." Nick said. I could see his eyes trained on me from the corner of my eye. I look up at him, to see a firmness in his eyes like he wanted me to believe him, that I am not left out on any chapter that has adi's name written on it.