Chapter 10: KIDS WILL BE KIDS

I stepped in front of the mirror as I locked the door to my bathroom. I cringed at the sight of my busted nose. My cheeks were moist and tear stained. No matter how much I was strong, a tear or two spilled from my eye and there was no point in wiping them. My eyes were red and swollen. My lips looked like they were assaulted. I had bit on them too many times when Chase was tending my bruised nose.

I don't know why, but I feel too girly right now. I shook my head and stripped out of my clothes as I turned the faucet on and stepped into the shower. For a girl who hadn't taken a blow like this one, I sure was strong.

I hissed as the warm water hit my face, eventually it soothes my bruise and the pain dissipates. Damn! Aakash hit hard. And I don't regret naming him a hound. Suits him. I made a mental note to self to never encounter his bad side ever again. Well, out of the all, only Aakash was a hound. The other three were lean and tall, but surely they had muscles.

I heard the door open and close, followed by some noises outside the door. I turned the faucet off and cleaned myself dry as I dressed up in my denim shorts and a grey baggy v-neck sweatshirt. I wanted to call it a night. But I had some unfinished business that needed my attention, I guess.

I was told that 'we need to talk' as they left me to shower. Their words not mine. And I wouldn't be lying if I said I don't know what to expect after I step out this door. I don't know what they want to talk about. There's nothing to talk about, so far as I know.

I left my hair to dry on its own. My mom says you shouldn't comb it when they're wet. You should just let them be. Hence, I dried them with the towel so they weren't dripping wet, and let them open as they cascaded down my back. I tucked small shoulder length strands in the front, behind my ear. My dark chocolate brown wavy hair were long, as they reached just above my waist. My hair was one of the many things I loved about my body.

I turned the knob and stepped out only to see Adi and Chase hopping on my memory foam bed. My eyes widened.

"What is going on here?" I asked quietly. Adi and Chase both gasped and lost their balance, resulting in them falling off the bed with a loud thump.

I frowned at them, my brows furrowing. I looked at Nick who sat on the chair next to kitchen counter. He blinked and turned as his eyes met mine. The same confusion visible on his face, as though 'what just happened.' He shrugged and gulped the remaining water from the glass. I watched as his Adam's apple bobbed. I withdrew my eyes away before he caught me looking and turned my attention to the boys.

Adi rubbed his butt as Chase rubbed his arm. I smirked at them. Adi glared at me as I continued smirking.

Serves them right!

God! It feels so good to see them in pain.

Chase slipped under the blanket as he plopped his fat ass on the bed, leaning against the headrest. Adi copied his movements so now my blanket covered their legs. Adi crossed his arms over his chest as he smiled sweetly at me, batting his eyelashes as he tilted his head.

Oh, never mind. Kids will be kids.

"Make yourself at home, please." I just rolled my eyes and went to kitchen to drink water. Nick filled me a glass and I accepted it, mumbling a thank you, as I sat next to him.

And that's when I saw the fourth hound. He was sitting on the couch. He looked like he wanted to say something but was holding himself back.

I smiled at him. He gave a sad smile as he approached me. My initial reaction was to back off. But I fought the urge to move back as I gripped the counter. I don't want him to see that I was afraid of him. It would hurt him and he would never forgive himself. And he didn't do it intentionally, so get over it!