Chapter 7: I AM STARTING TO ADORE YOU

I woke up to an announcement of being landed.

Finally!

I opened my eyes and blinked several times as I was blinded by the amount of light.

Was it morning already? For how long was I out?

"Oh hey! You're up. Okay! Woah woah, easy there tigeress!" Chase gently pulled my hands away from my eyes as I rubbed them vigorously.

Ugh! They sting. It's like all the fluid from my eyes are sucked away. I so want to go back to sleep right now.
Just few more blinks and my eyes were good to go.

I looked up to find a concerned looking Chase, frowning at me. "Why are your eyes puffy, shorty? Did you cry?" He frowned in confusion.

That is why they must be burning. And my head felt heavy since I woke up. I just want to go back to sleep.
"Don't worry about it." I waved it off and he took the hint that I need more time to warm up to him. I was thankful at the same time for him to be so thoughtful. I smiled warmly at him as I stretch the laziness away.

"Uhuh! Okayyyy. Well, if it helps...you look like shit. Like totally horrible." He shrugged as I gave him a look that said Seriously???? "Not that I care though."

"Oh. So I guess you're gonna TRY to annoy me as a payback for-" I asked looking up at him, intentionally stressing on TRY word.

"Try? Hah! I guess you've not seen enough to know that I don't try. It's all natural. Though with you?" He drank me in from top to bottom as he blew a low whistle. "I'll admit I tried-AAAND, NOT FORGETTING THAT I WAS SUCCESSFUL WITH THE HELP OF ADI! You believe it or not. And about letting me in? You'll do that eventually. And remember, I don't do paybacks dear." He notched up his volume as I tried to cut him off and winked as I was caught off guard by his behavior.

That ass!

But the sincerity in his voice forced me to think harder about letting him in. Would that be too much? I mean m not opening my life story in front him right? Maybe later.

"Tsk-tsk." I shook my head at him.

"What happened?" He asked frowning.

"The trying part?" I started, He hummed, looking down at me. "Better make it your habit cause your going to have to try harder than that. As I have a high tolerance problem and a lot of patient bones in me." I winked at him.

He just laughed as he shook his head at me and I swear I saw a shift of uncomprehending emotion in his eyes. He leaned forward and kissed my temple. I froze. He looked down smiling as he pulled back. His voice ringing in my ears like an alarm.

"I am starting to adore you, shorty." I blinked. My heart fluttered at his words. Wow! Seriously? I must say I did not expect this.

Wait! Does that mean he didn't take me seriously? He thinks I am kidding?
"Hey! I ain't kidding okay. About high tech-" I voiced out my thought only to be cut off by him.

"Oh shush. Did somebody ever tell you how much you speak? Non-stop. Give it a rest. Take a breath."

I just looked blankly at him. And some more. Until he started squirming under my gaze.

Good! That was really unreasonable. This is the most I've spoken since the start of the flight. Though I was sleeping most of the time so obviously I didn't speak.

Ignoring his comment I spoke. "Sooo...does this give me a soft spot if you ever plan on pranking me?" I tried.

He barked out a laugh as he said. "You would think, wouldn't you?"