Chapter 5

"Why didn't you tell them anything about your childhood?" I asked Keane.

"I don't know. I don't think they ever cared, El." Keane answers.

"Oh, nice. And...I see you and Chloe are still together..."

"El, come on dude, you should of known we were together, we've been together since Highschool." Keane says. "God, If I knew that you'd be here, I wouldn't have gotten back with her and given us a second, maybe third chance.." He said softly

I cringe at those words. I don't love Keane, I care for him and of course I find him insanely attractive but not enough to date him again...it's actually quite repulsive...oops?

"Keane! God no! Thats not what I meant! You know I don't feel that way about you, weirdo." I said basically shouting.

"Oh, you don't? Then what the hell is this all about?" Keane asks confused.

"I just..you just deserve a lot better than her." I answer truthfully.

"She's different now, El. I promise. I have to go, she's yelling at me to come home." He says kissing the top of my head like he used to always do.

"Come home?" I asked.

"We live together." Keane clarifies. What? What in the.. He loves her now doesn't he? I wish the best for the guy I used to call my best friend.

"What?" I asked playing with the rim of my cup.

"Yeah..I love her.. I just, she's a bitch sometimes but thats ok. I'm an ass." Keane says chuckling.

"I wish the best for you two.." I smile at him, he pulls me in for a hug.

"Give her a chance.. She's always wanted to be friends with you." Keane said while still hugging me.

"I'll think about it." I answer giggling.

"See you later." He says getting into his car.

I walk into the house and try to make my way to the back, crossing through the kitchen to pour myself more soda..just as I see the entrance to the back yard, I bump into something pouring my cup of coke all over something white.