Chapter 7

I walked into the lightly dimmed flat and hung my purse and coat on the coat hanger and got my phone out, sliding it into my pocket.

Molly must've heard me from upstairs because she came running downstairs so greet me.

"Mummy! Mummy!" Avery yelled and came running from the kitchen.

"Hey hun, how was your day?" I asked, kneeling down to her and giving her a hug.

"Good, but Belle is weird. She told me to call her El because Belle is too basic."

I rolled my eyes. Of course she did. 

"Where is she?"

"She's at Danny's across the street." She said with a shrug.

"THE CONVENIENT STORE?!" She looked at me with wide eyes and nodded her head.

"But mum it's only across the street. And we needed milk."

I pinched the bridge of my nose. I cannot believe I let her watch my daughter. With my luck she got wasted or something.

 I was about to ask Avery how long she'd been gone, but just  as I was about to ask Isabelle walked through the door, holding a bottle of whiskey in her hand.

"Since when is it okay to leave my THREE year old daughter alone?"

"Uh, since thirty minutes ago when I said it was okay." She barked back.

"I can't believe you. I can't even look at you right now." I said looking away to put on my boots and coat, then proceeding to get Avery ready.

"Where do you think you guys are going?" I glared at her, speechless.

"I am an adult and I don't need your permission to go somewhere."

"Oh, are you going to run into superstars' arms and reunite?"

"No, I'm going to stay at SOMEONES house until the morning, when your hungover and far less annoying." But in other words, yeah I was going to go to Harry's, if it was okay. If not we'd go to Sam's.

After calling Harry (with a very, very, awkward conversation) and finding out it was okay to come over, we got into the car and sped off from that hell hole.  

"Mummy where are we going?","Mummy, why did you yell at El?","Is Harry really my daddy?" and "Are we going to see him again?" These were the questions that were currently causing my anxiety. Of course I understand she's only three (almost four) but still, you can't blame me, a lot was happening. I didn't mean to blow up at her.

"GOD DAMMIT AVERY CAN YOU JUST TAKE A FUCKING CHILL PILL AND CALM DOWN FOR LIKE TWO DAMN SECONDS?" I instantly regreted what I did. 

"Two pounds for the word jar." She said in sobs.

I rolled my eyes and huffed, looking back at the road.

After a couple minutes, we finally got to Harry's flat, so I got out and got Avery, who finally conked out from wailing her lungs out, out of my blue jeep  and carried her to the painfully familiar door and knocked on it. I pulled the overnight bag that contained the stuff I packed, higher on my shoulder so it was more comfortable.

He opened the door and a smile grew on his face.

"Hi, erm you can sleep in the spare bedroom." He said gesturing to the upstairs. "I'm assuming that you remember where it is." He said while awkwardly scratching his head.

"Yeah I do." I walked up the stairs and opened the door with my free hand. It was just the way I remembered it was. I sat the bag on the floor and got out Avery's pink pj's with pigs on them and struggled to get them on her small body. As soon as I got done I tucked her in and gave her a small kiss on the forehead.