Chapter 1: Little Anthony

There comes a time when you get really frustrated but not because of the circumstances, but because people are idiots.

Like really, for a supposed genius, Howard was really stupid. For some reason he had it in his mind that because I was a wolf that I shouldn't be let anywhere near Tony.

For three months I have yet to meet the kid who I still have a connection too. Maria didn't really do anything other than give me pity looks and slip into Tony's room or have Jarvis kick me out of a room I was in.

I mean, sure I'm a wolf but I'm a very domesticated wolf thank you very much.

My time to meet the kid was thankfully a lot closer than I thought I had to suffer.

-----------------------------------------

It was during the night when I heard it, crying. Only it was because of my wolf ears that I heard it instead of the baby-monitor.

Tilting my head and looking at a sleeping Maria and Howard (I was on the foot of the bed--the only place they really allowed me to sleep if I so wanted to) and decided against waking them up.

Instead I jumped silently off the bed and walked toward the door-handle that was thankfully not one of those round ones that are annoying with paws.

Propping myself against the door I used my paw to drag the handle downward and was able to slightly open the door enough to push it back with my nose.

From there I carefully walked the hallways toward the crying child and winced at the loudness that emitted from the room.

Using the same technique as the bedroom door, I was able to walk into the room and went straight toward the crying child who seemed to have hurt himself from somehow managing to escape his crib.

The crying went down slightly as I stared at the child who was now below me. A gurgle escaped the child's mouth and his small hand reached toward my head.

Sighing the best I could, I moved my body to circle that of the child and carefully wrapped him around me.

I ignored the sharp tugging on my coat and sometimes ears and instead pushed the child to lay back down, using the main part of my body as a pillow.

The gurgle was back again but then followed by a yawn and I carefully listened to the child's breathing as it evened out before shifting so my tail was wrapped around his legs, my one leg was over his body, and my head was resting on the child's.

Glancing outside at the cool August night I made sure that Tony--the small child-- wouldn't get cold and glanced one last time at the door, before falling asleep in an alert sleep.

I woke up to a panicked voice and instantly became alert before recognizing it as Howard's and relaxed.

Ignoring the voice which was now calling out for Maria and Jarvis, I glanced at the small child who was blinking slowly under me and was now pulling my ear.

I flicked my ear away from the stubborn child but instead the child gurgled and grabbed at it again, slightly pulling it harder.

I winced but didn't make any hurtful moves toward the child and instead, held still for the small boy who would no doubt get bored soon enough.

Instead I focused on the now rushed steps and heard maria aww-ing.

"This is not an awe moment, why is Percy in here. Why aren't we removing him." Howard asked in a panic looking wide-eyes at Maria and Jarvis who looked more amused than anything.

Instead Jarvis just stood a little straighter, and had an amused look on his face as he responded, "I do think Master Percy isn't harming the young one; in fact, I would say the Young Master is enjoying his company greatly."

Yeah that's words for the now crawling (seriously when did he learn that? isn't it a bit early for him to learn that!?) baby who seemed to find it fun to keep crawling and trying to stay on my body.

I huffed when he started to pull at my ears again and very carefully flipped myself so Tony would fall (carefully that is) before looking at the baby amused and carefully flopped myself onto the ground and just used my head to keep him on the ground.

Meaning my head was on his chest keeping him from rolling to the side to crawl more. I heard a snort of laugh and glanced at Maria who was smiling.

"Alright Percy, up. I need to feed Tony." Maria said and I gave a low whine but moved up again before trotting to Howard.

Sitting at his feet, I glanced up at him to see him staring--still slightly panicked but more controlled--between Tony and I before sighing exasperated.

"Alright, I guess Percy can be around Tony more. But one harmful bite and he spends the days outside or locked in a room." Howard said sternly making my nose twitch in agitation at the idea of being chained up.

"Come Master Percy, I shall give you your breakfast." Jarvis interrupted smoothly before Howard could go on some sort of rant.

Gleefully almost running to the kitchen at the mention of food (it was mostly chicken or beef stuff for breakfast that didn't taste that bad) I waited impatiently for Jarvis.

By the time he got there, an amused expression seemed stuck on his face as he pat me on my head once before going toward the canned food area.

"Do be careful Master Percy, Howard seems protective now, but I fear the day he goes back out in search of the good Captain." Jarvis said making my ears flatten at the mention of Steve, but more out of worry for Howard.

The same Howard who seemed to have thrown his life into searching for Steve my best friend. Instead of focusing on this too much I gave a low whine to Jarvis as a response and promised myself.

No matter how much I want to find Steve, Tony was important and no matter what. No matter what, I was going to stay by his side as he grows up.

And if one day Steve does return, then hopefully it'll be to a better world where I know Tony will do great things.