4.

I drove all the way home with a smile on my face. Yes! I can finally stop working at that fucking club! Nothing against Gia. I love her, but I don't want to be her employee my entire life. I pulled up in the driveway and ran inside, looking for my mom and Kay. They were sitting in front of the tv as usual. Kay glanced up at me.

"Well?"

"Bitch, I got the job!" I yelled, jumping in her lap.

"Hey!"

"Sorry, mom." I kissed her on her cheek.

"I'm so proud of you!" Kay exclaimed. "We going to celebrate tonight, girl!"

"Daddy's okay with that?" I laughed, referring to her husband.

"Make me slap you." She moved me off her lap. "I gotta go run some errands before I pick up the kids. I'm gonna be back at 9 and be ready with your slow ass."

"Me slow? Coming from the one who is always late."

"Whatever."

"Thank you!" I thanked her for staying with my mom before the door close.

I looked over at my mom and she had fallen asleep on the couch. I shook my head. How the hell does she fall asleep so fast? I got up and started cleaning the house to pass time.

Around six, I called my aunt to remind her not to forget to come get my mom. Then I went to get ready. It took me forever to figure out what I wanted to wear. I settled for a navy blue dress with a deep plunge neckline. I matched that with a gold body chain and my belly ring with black lace-up heels. I straighten and curled my kinky hair and applied a little makeup with an eggplant color lipstick. And I was ready on time and where was Kay? Late as usual. Talking about I'm always late. Psh.

I went downstairs and my aunt Ashley was walking my mom to the door.

"Look at you looking like a million bucks." she smiled at me.

I twirled. "Thanks."

"Y'all be careful and have fun tonight." She opened the door, revealing Kay.

My girl had on a deep pink mini dress that compliment her light skin with some white lacey heels and her sew-in on looked flawless.

"So who is late?" I looked at my phone screen.

She waited until my aunt was out of earshot to whisper, "Bitch, shut up and let's go."

Shaking my head, I grabbed my purse and locked up the house.

We got in my car and headed to club Gia. Club Gia was versatile. She switched up the theme every night. Gia and her insane ideas. Tonight was dance night where she hired a popular and local DJ, get people drunk and sweaty. We made our way over to the bar in search of Gia.

"Sup ladies."

"Hey, Stacy." Stacy, a long-time Club Gia employee and part-time girlfriend to Gia. You never know when they're on or when they're off. They clash so much and I always say it's because they are so much alike. They even have the same style. Both are light-skinned with red fades, tattoos everywhere. They're both thick women who wear loose, comfortable clothing, and they both take no shit.

"Where's Gia?" Kay asked.

"She ran upstairs for something." Stacy rolled her eyes. Huh, so they must be on. Stacy only shows emotion when they're on. "Y'all want something to drink?"

"Shots. Henney."

Stacy raised her eyebrows. "I guess you need to let loose. Tell me again why you decided to push six kids out of you?"