6.

I groaned, pulling my pillow over my face. This is the second time this week I've dreamed about Darryl and woke up horny as hell. Why can't I get that man out of my head?! I need to buy a vibrator or get some dick because if not, I'm going to end up in his bed or bent over his desk. I threw the pillow across the room and sat up with a frustrated sigh.

"Girl..." I scold myself.

Flipping the covers back, I got up to go shower and get ready for work. I dressed in jeans and a purple button-down with beige ankle booties. I went down to the kitchen and found my mom at the table with her nurse, eating breakfast. After years of trial and error, I finally found one she liked. She said she reminded her of her favorite cousin. Whatever that means. Hey, if she's happy, I'm happy.

"Good morning," I said to them, making my way over to the coffeepot.

Today we're having a huge meeting and they informed me it'll be long, so I need some caffeine to stay awake. Between finishing my required classes to graduate, this new job, and finishing my last days at the club, I'm working on little to no sleep.

"See you later, mommy," I said, kissing her on her forehead.

~~~~~

When I walked into the building, I almost got knocked down by a ball of hair. That is all I saw.

"Hope, slow down," a lady yelled after her.

She was running in circles now. I laughed. She was like the energizer bunny.

"Hurry, we gotta go tell daddy. I'm already late."

"And whose fault is that?" 

"Hey, I could not find my purple socks," she said, walking toward the elevator.

"You have other socks, Hope," the lady said, following behind her.

I followed behind them to get on the elevator.

"But I wanted my purple ones." She rolled her eyes.

I got a closer look at Hope, and she looked nothing like her dad. The only thing I would say she had for him was his long lashes and perfect eyebrows. How can a man's eyebrows be so perfect?

She looked over at me and smiled. Wait, she's got his smile, too.

"Hi," she beamed up at me and walked into the elevator.

I followed. "Hi."

"You're pretty."

"Thank you. So are you."

"I know."

I laughed.

"Are you new here?" She asked.

"Yes, I am."

"You're gonna have sooo much fun," she twirled in a circle. "My daddy's a great boss."

I smiled, "so I've heard."

"Bye!"

"Bye," I waved. I walked toward the office that Riley and I share smiling to myself. Her energy was so infectious.

"Good morning!" Riley greeted me at our office door.

"Morning." I've been working with Riley for almost a week and the only thing that bugs me about her is that she's a morning person. There is nothing worse than a morning person.

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah, everything is prepared."

"Coffee?" She offered me a cup. She makes it up every morning with coffee, though.