10.

The next morning I woke up sore. That satisfying sore you have after sex. My clit still throbbing as memories float at the edge of my mind. I rolled over in Darryl's spacious bed, tangled in soft sheets that smelled as fresh as him. He was sleeping on his side, his long lashes resting against his cheeks. Hair splayed on the pillow beneath his face. His lips parted, breathing softly through them. Those lips I remember kissing every part of my body. With just a whisper of a kiss to my clit he had me creaming. Thinking of the gentle way he made love to me last night had my toes curling beneath the sheets. I wanted to wake him. I wanted more. More of his slow tortuous, toe-curling love making.

I bit back a moan as the memory of me screaming his name surfaced. I can almost feel his skin against mine. My hand slipped beneath the sheet finding my clit. I let out a low moan as my fingers rotated over it.

"Beautiful," he whispered in his deep gravelly voice. I looked over into his low eyes, still coming out of sleep. "You could have woken me but I like this view so much better." He pulled the sheets from our bodies. "Don't stop," he grabbed my wrist when I started to remove my hand. "I want to watch you make yourself come."

I thought I would find this weird but this was sexy as hell. He placed his mouth over my nipple, tongue doing magic as I slipped two fingers in my wet folds. My body was on fire and I wanted to so desperately put it out. I looked down our eyes locking and seeing my nipple in his mouth I began to unravel, my climax rolling through me.

"Daddy! What...?"

Hearing Hope's voice was like someone threw ice water on me.

"Oh, god," I moaned, quickly covering myself with the sheets.

"Shit." Darryl hissed as Hope ran from the room. He quickly slipped on a shirt and pajama pants before going after her.

I sighed sitting up. Awkward. This entire situation. I don't even know how to feel after last night. Where do we go from here? Everyone at the party saw what happened between me, him, and Riley and I'm pretty sure they saw me leave with him too. Now I'm going to be the gossip of the company. People giving me judgy looks. I groaned as I got out of his bed. This is exactly what I wanted to avoid. I just wanted to do my dream job and help kids in need but here I go sleeping with the boss. This can only end in a messy fucked up way. I'm always fucking shit up for myself. And where the hell is my clothes?!

"You're leaving?" I turned to Darryl standing in his doorway.

"Yeah, I should go..." I said, slipping on my panties.

"Spend the day with me and Hope?"

"That's not a good idea."

"Why not?"

"Because... I see this ending badly. Whatever this is and I don't want to be gossip at work."

"Why do you care what they say?"

"Because I do."

He sighed. "Michelle I like you and I'm tired of staying away from you." He walked across the room to stand in front of me. "When my wife died I never thought I'll feel again. You make me feel...alive again. I can't stay away. I love you."

I shrugged into my shirt. "Don't say that. You don't even know me."

'I know how you play with your earlobe when you're deep in thought. How you twist the skin at your wrist when you're nervous. How your eyes sparkle when you know that you've helped someone. How you smile just a little when you make a point and know you're right. I know you have the biggest heart ever. I know you. My heart knows you."

I ducked hiding the tears trying to escape. "I've got to go, Darryl."

"Please just stay."

"Darryl..."

He sighed moving aside. I grabbed my shoes as I was rushing out. On my way out I spotted Hope sitting on the couch. She glanced at me curiously and I gave her a little wave.

I went home to shower and check on my mom. Then I called Kay. After cussing me out from waking her before twelve on a Sunday she told me to come over. When I arrived at Kay's her husband and kids were outside having a water balloon fight. Her oldest son (five) hits his dad square in the face with a balloon while the twin girls (three) and the triplets (one girl two boys in their terrible twos) giggled uncontrollably.

Bless Kay's heart. She took the news about the triplets real hard. The entire pregnancy she suffered from depression, it was a tough time for her. But she got through it with a lot of therapy and her loving husband. And she does a good job of keeping them all happy and healthy. And she takes no slack from her husband he puts in as much work in parenting as she does.

"Hey, Marion! Hey gang!" I called out before walking into their five-bedroom three-bath home. Kay and Marion make a decent living, her nursing career is thriving and so is his talent agency. I walked into the foyer kicking my shoes off, then making my way through their spacious living area dodging toys, to the kitchen. Her kitchen was bright and homey. Natural light coming through the windowed wall above the kitchen sink and counters.

"Hey. What's cooking good-looking?" I asked taking a seat at the kitchen island. Kay's always cooking for her gang.

"Mama's famous recipe."

"Yum." Kay's mom is a well-known chef with a chain of restaurants. Her food is to die for.

"What's up? You know not to call me before twelve on a Sunday. That's me time. Mari has the kids and I have all morning to do what I please."

"Sorry. I was freaking out. Needed someone to talk to."

"You know Gia's always available."

"I need mama Kay. Gia was just gonna say smart ass remarks."

She sat next to me refilling her wine glass and filling one for me. "Spill."

"I slept with Darryl."

"You mean again? I thought you said he was a one-and-done. Wait but now that I think about it the way y'all were having that stare-off in the club I should have seen this coming. Good job girl. That man fine as fuck."

"He's my boss."

"So?"

"That dynamic is cringy to me. It'll get messy."

"Only without boundaries. And damn bitch it's not like y'all are in love or some shit. You just fucked him. Twice. That's it."

"He told me he loved me this morning," I said sipping my wine.

She choked on her wine. "Okay, you should have led with that!" she said wiping her mouth. "What did you say?"

"I have to go."

"Mm."

"He has a lot of baggage-"

"So do you."

"His wife died. He has a kid and a possibly crazy ex."

"You take care of a demented mother, your father died and your ex-fiance is still in your DMs. What's your point?"

I rolled my eyes at her. Felix was too good to be true, and I never ignore my senses when they tell me to run. Felix was my dream guy and the dude did everything right, treated me like a queen. Honestly, I couldn't let myself continue to fall for him because I knew the other shoe would drop and my heart couldn't handle another heartbreak.

"Your emotional unavailable ass. Whenever someone gets too close you push away."

"Love hurts."

"And loneliness kills."

I looked at her. "So you saying I should give this a try?"

"Do you like him? Do you want to give it a try?"

"Yes and I don't know."

"Don't repeat history. Don't do to him what you did to Felix. If the man says he loves you and you want to see if it's true do it. And don't run away this time, you deserve love."