The Hospital and Way Home

I woke up in a bed with a light over my head. I heard whispering, I looked up and saw my foster mom, Ms. Burkely, speaking to a nurse.

"Where's my book and Lyssy?" I asked sitting up.

"Lyssy is at home sleeping and there wasn't a book dear." Ms. Burkley said.

"What do you mean no book?" I asked. I felt like I was about to cry.

"There wasn't a book when I found you?" Ms. Burkley said in confusion.

"That was my only memory of my parents "secret job'" I thought to myself.

I decided to go to bed.

3 Hours Later

Ms. Burkley told me to wake up because we had to go home. We walked out of the building and stopped at the front desk. Ms. Burkley paid and thanked them. I thanked them as well. We walked into the parking lot slowly, so I wouldn't be too overwhelmed. We reached the car after about 5 minutes. Ms. Burkley opened her door and got into the car, as did I. She slammed her door while I put on my seat belt.

"Am I okay?" I asked slamming the car door. I was so upset about the book.

"Yeah, you just have to take pills every day and stay off of your feet. I called your work and said you'll be back in 3 days."

"Alright." I was a little upset because I wanted to see Aiden still.

"Oh, and you start school in 2 weeks." That was the last thing said in the car on the way home. I know for a fact that I certainty do not want to go to a public school. I turned on the radio and,

"THEY TELL ME IM TOO YOUNG TO UNDERSTAND"

Blared through the speakers. I looked outside my window as we drove home. There was a lot of damage from the tornado. I was kinda scared to see our house. Well, now since I don't have work I can spend more time with Chance. OH NO, CHANCE! As we drove down our street we reached our house. The only thing damaged was the garage. The front lawn was a mess though. Ms. Burkley parked the car and took the keys out of the ignition. She opened her door and I did too. We shut our doors and went inside. I ran to the front door. I needed to see Chance right away! Ms. Burkley unlocked the door. I ran in and bolted to the back. All of the other girls were talking about One Direction and nail polish. I opened the back door yelling Chance's name.