The First of Many Interviews

It was 8:50 in the morning, my interview was at 9:05. I was wearing a burgundy skater skirt with a knitted grey shirt with a fox on it. My hair is naturally wavy so I put back two front pieces of my hair, one on the right and one on the left, and then put a black bow in the back of my hair. For my shoes I was just wearing some worn out wedges from a girl here at Lawrence.

"Oh, crap" I mumbled to myself.

I remembered that everyday at 9 a.m. I feed Chance, the Labrador that lives outside underneath the back porch. I looked at the large clock that hung from the wall in my room. Well, its not my room, I share it with another girl. Since we are the two oldest we get our own room. Her name is Dakota Burns, she is also 16. She has black hair and brown eyes. She is pretty tall and skinny. Her mom was a fashion designer and her dad was a bussiness owner. So, she has pretty cute clothes. I talk to her about 2 times a day. Sometimes just to say,

"Can you pass the mashed potatotes?"

I looked at the clock; it was 8:54! I grabbed my beige handbag with fringe and ran downstairs. I grabbed a granola bar and of course Ms. Burkley (The Caretacker) asked,

"Jess dear, where are you going?" She said as she flipped the sausage pattys.

"Oh, I-um just wanted to get some fresh air and eat outside" I said trying to act as confident as possible.

"Oh, okay? Well dont forget you have a interview in a few minutes" Ms. Burkley said. She has blonde hair and blue eyes, she is quite tall and skinny. She is very nice though.

I opened the back door and put my bag on an old white chair. I opened the granola bar and put the wrapper in my purse. I sat on the steps and yelled for the homeless puppy,

"Chance, come here boy."

I looked around and in the corner of my eye I saw the dirty puppy come out from under the porch. I gave him the granola bar slowly and told him about how I am forced to do interviews.

"Jess come inside now!" Mrs.Burkley yelled in anger. I hugged Chance and put him under the porch. I put my finger to my lips saying

"Shh..."

I grabbed my bag and ran inside. The girls looked at me as I ran in, almost falling. I was extremely embarressed, like always. My smile disappeared leaving behind an awkward frown. I went upstairs, put my bag on my bed and glanced at the clock. It was 9:07! Of course, im always late. As you can see, I usually mess up. I walked into the interview room.

"Im sure she's coming" I heard Mrs.Burkley say as I walked into the room.

The couple stared at me as I walked in, they were quite young. The woman had her blonde hair in a perfect bun with a formal dress, and the husband with his brown hair spiked up wearing a suit with a blue tie. Matching the woman's dress. These people were not for me. They were too formal.

Mrs.Burkley left and then I knew this was going to be extremely awkward.

"Hello Jessica, we read your file; you seem like a very nice girl." Said the formal woman. I watched as she stirred her coffee. It was black.

"Let us introduce ourselves. My name is Richard Parker and this is my wife, Brooklyn. You can call us Richard and Brooklyn." said the man. This family was quite odd.

They asked me a lot of questions like my favorite food and what I like to do. I absolutely hated it. I answered everytime with at least only 2 words.

When it was over Mrs. Burkley came in and asked if I liked the family. She said she tried very hard to match them to my personality. But, sadly, I hated them. I hated when people tried to help me. I said that I didnt want to live with them. Well, my first interview was terrible! Lets see what happens next!