3 | Blue

By the time Friday arrived, Alex was a mess of nerves. He couldn't sit still, he texted Van way too many times asking what he should wear, and he kept trying to back out. He was convinced this was some elaborate prank, Miles just had to be messing with him. Van and Matt were not convinced, they were going to drag their friend into the club if they had to.

The trio met up at Van's around ten o'clock at night, they didn't want to be the ones who arrived early. Miles probably wouldn't even show up until much later in the evening, Alex was still unprepared for what he was going to say to him.

Van looked over Alex's outfit when the shorter male arrived, giving his nod of approval. Alex was dressed in his best white button-down shirt, a leather jacket (similar to the one Miles wore when they met, but definitely not as nice or expensive) plain black jeans and once again his black Doc Martens. Van and Matt were dressed in similar outfits, they both sported a button-down with black jeans and a denim jacket. They did differ slightly, Matt wore his classic Converse shoes while Van wore plain black sneakers.

The friends piled into a cab, Matt stating the address with a smirk playing on his lips. Alex could tell Matt was going to be milking this for all it was worth. They certainly didn't look like the usual patrons at the Streetlight club and the cab driver picked up on that.

"You boys sure you're heading to the Streetlight?" The elderly man eyed them in the rearview mirror.

Matt let out a sound similar to a mix between a laugh and a snort, before speaking,

"Sir, I think we know our destination. Now please drive we have a meeting with Mr. Kane."

Upon hearing Miles' name the cab driver promptly started the car and off they went, heading to the nicest part of the city. It was clear Miles Kane was a force to be reckoned with. The boys could see the club from a mile away, it was three stories with a swimming pool on top. The pictures did not do it justice and everyone noticed that especially Alex. As the cab slowed at the curb, Alex swallowed past the huge lump in his throat while he peered out the dingy cab window, there was a line wrapped around the entire building and even further down the block!

Matt wasted no time in flinging the door open and stepping out onto the sidewalk, with an excitement that Alex wished he had. Sure, he was thrilled to be here but his nerves about seeing Miles again prevented him from getting too excited. In the back of his mind, he was still worried that this was some sort of sick joke.

Alex got out next followed by Van who turned to hand the cab driver a wad of bills. The driver shook his head with a smirk of his own.

"Keep it, lad. You're gonna need all the money you have - if you can even manage to get in that is."

With that the driver took off, leaving the boys on the sidewalk with more than they could handle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex turned to look up at the skyrise building in front of him, he could hear the pounding of the bass from outside. Up top, he could make out silhouettes of those who were brave enough to swim during the chilly night. Van surveyed those waiting in line, these people were older and dressed to the nines. Some of the women's dresses probably cost more than his college education. Some people turned to look at the boys, scoffing at their black jeans and choice of shoes. Matt, however, didn't notice, he walked right up to the bouncer with Van and Alex in tow. Some guy laughed as he nudged Matt's shoulder.

"I think the indie band concert is on the other side of town, lads."

His buddies behind him chuckled and they exchanged high fives, despite the fact that the jab wasn't clever nor funny in the least bit.