14 | Dark Red

Author's Note: OMG! I'm so sorry for the wait on this chapter. I started college back up and my classes are really hard this semester. I've been working on this chapter for weeks. I hope it makes up for the wait. I'm gonna try my best to not wait so long. Again, I'm really sorry and I hope you enjoy.

Here's a photo of John Newman for those who may not know him. His music is great so I really recommend him.

------

------

"You were red"

Alex's POV

Somewhere along the lines of peppering my alcohol with cocaine and having a cocktail of Miles' prescription, I realized I was fucked up out of my mind. Was I secretly trying to kill myself to end the guilt that ran through my veins? The feeling of ecstasy from my Brendon encounter was wearing away and I was crashing down hard, so I did what any self-respecting person would do, I practically tried to off myself. Well, at least rid myself of this terrible feeling that was eating me alive. It was safe to assume that my (not so) genius plan worked as I was currently laid out on the bathroom floor, crying into Van's lap. Van brought his hand down and gently ran his nimble fingers through my hair while I choked out sobs, about how regretful I was and how I didn't want to ruin my relationship with Miles. After all, he was still pissed at me for what happened at the dinner party, maybe we were both being jerks to each other.

"Al, I hate seeing you like this," Van murmured, distress covering his tone. It sounded like he was underwater I could barely make out his words.

I moaned out in frustration at the comment, wishing for all this to go away.

"I ruined everything didn't I?" I groaned.

Van was silent for quite some time, the only sound that could be heard was the sound of my sniffling echoing off the walls of Mi's huge bathroom.

"You need to tell him, you never know until you explain to him what happened," he whispered while rubbing soft circles along my forehead.

That had to be the last thing I wanted to do, considering the circumstances surrounding our current relationship. I mean hell, this would only make things worse (if that was even possible).

-------

Miles' POV

It was safe to say I was being a complete dick to Alex and I only had myself to blame. Obviously, I didn't realize just how harsh my friends were to the poor boy, so I can't really be mad about what he did. At the current moment, I was sitting at a posh bar in a hotel about an hour away from my place, waiting for my archnemesis to show up. I'm bloody tired of him trying to shut down my club, after all, it's my fucking legacy. His shitty club across town was nothing compared to mine, and he knew it too. I was becoming sick of his cryptic messages and attempts at trying to start some type of turf war. It was now time we met like the two grown men we were and discussed this.