8 | Green

"Now I'm covered in the colors, pulled apart at the seams"

After the double date at the diner with Van and Marina, Alex had been spending a lot of time with Miles. They laid around at his apartment and Alex had the chance to work on his history presentation, while Miles conducted business via his computer and cellphone. All too soon, however, Alex had to return to his classes which meant his Starbucks dates with Van were back in full swing.

Alex sat at a table in the corner, reading over notes when Matt walked in. He looked up and was about to wave him over when he remembered they weren't friends anymore. Instead, Alex just frowned as he watched his old friend approach the counter to order. He looked awful, his hair was disheveled, his eyes bloodshot, and his backpack open and overflowing with crumpled papers. Alex tried to push away the sad feeling that overcame him in regards to Matt's current state. Van walked in with Marina a few minutes later, Matt giving them a look before he took his drink and disappeared without a word. Marina grinned at Alex as she sat down, taking out her Macbook Pro with a leopard print case attached. Van stood in line, waiting to order for them both.

"Good morning, Alex," Marina said, glancing across the table at him before she logged onto her laptop.

Alex nodded,

"Morning, Marina," he mumbled afraid his mind was occupied with thoughts of Matt.

Van came over soon enough, plopping down in the seat beside Marina, two cups of coffee in his hand.

"Hey!" Van said to Alex, gently nudging him with his foot, under the table.

"Hey," Alex mirrored, grinning.

"Did you see Matt?" The brown haired friend mumbled.

Van shrugged, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Yeah. But honestly, fuck Matt. Well, not literally, y'know." Van trailed off, Marina stifling a giggle beside him.

Alex rolled his eyes, but Van was right he needed to stop worrying about people who didn't care about him. Especially since he had so many people that did.

"So, Alex..." Marina started.

"Y'think you can get us up in the VIP section of the club on Friday?"

Alex chuckled,

"Sure. I mean honestly, the first floor is better for dancing. The VIP section is more of a lounge area."

Marina shrugged,

"My friends are gonna be so jealous, though! I mean I'll have bragging rights for years!"

Alex just shook his head with a laugh,

"Sure. I'll talk to Miles."

Friday night quickly rolled around and Alex was excited to see Miles again. The pair had texted a few times but Alex was being careful that he wasn't being clingy or annoying. Miles said that he liked Van and of course him and Marina were welcome in the VIP area.

When Alex arrived at Van's, him and Marina were waiting on the porch. They both smiled as Alex approached, and he noticed the two were holding hands! Marina was wearing a very sparkly silver crop top with a black high-waisted skirt, fishnet stockings, and black combat boots. Her hair was curled and she had on dark purple lipstick. Van was wearing a white button-down shirt, black jeans, his leather jacket, and Converse.

Van whistled when Alex approached,

"Love the new jacket!" He stated as the group made their way to the end of the driveway to wait for the cab.