12 | Dark Blue

"You liked me because I was blue"

Alex was relaxing in a warm bubble bath when Miles walked in to use the mirror. He was wearing a white button-down shirt with black slacks and a matching overcoat.

"What's the occasion?" Alex questioned from underneath a sea of bubbles.

Miles smiled small, meeting the other's gaze in the mirror as he adjusted his coat.

"I'm sorry, love. I forgot to mention it, I'm throwing a dinner party tonight. Brad will be there and a couple of my friends. Of course, I was hoping you'd join, I'd like for everyone to meet you."

Alex frowned for a moment, he was nervous about meeting Miles' friends. Sure, Brad wasn't too bad but he always felt inferior when he mentally compared himself to those that were rich, successful, and older. He just wanted to be seen as a good fit for their friend, especially since the two were now official.

To avoid responding, Alex dove under the water and stayed there for a few moments enjoying the sound of silence. Once he came back up, Miles was standing at the side of the tub, shaking his head while laughing softly.

Alex pushed his wet hair out of his eyes and nodded slowly.

"I'll come."

After all, how could he turn down a dinner party where his handsome boyfriend would be showing him off?

-----

Alex didn't have time to go home and get changed so Miles let him pick out an outfit from his closet. It was the size of a clothing store encompassing all of the designer brands. He eventually decided on a crisp red button-down shirt paired with black jeans and he wore his signature black Doc Martens along with his leather jacket. He left his hair natural, brushing his bangs out of his eyes. He spritzed on cologne and looked in the full-length mirror. He looked presentable and if the leather jacket turned out to be too much, he could easily slip it off.

-----

Miles hired a staff for the evening so his apartment was bustling with commotion. There were waiters along with a chef and even a few people setting up for the party. The host of the evening had been hiding out in his office presumably dealing with business calls and contacting all the guests, so Alex was left to his own devices. He didn't mind hanging out in the massive bedroom and playing dress-up in such an extravagant closet. It was nice for him to have a few hours to mentally prepare for the event, the last thing he wanted to do was make a fool out of himself.

He sat on the bed and scrolled through Facebook, noticing that Van and Marina had made their relationship Facebook official, he liked and commented. Matt was posting a lot of pictures with his new best friend, John. Alex just rolled his eyes and closed out of the application, Miles coming in shortly after.

"Hey, baby," He grinned at the younger man, eyeing him up and down as he closed the bedroom door.

Alex stood up so his boyfriend could get a better look at him.

"You look stunning, love," He murmured crossing the room to wrap his arms around the younger of the two.

Alex blushed at the compliment, it was as if Miles' words floated inside of him and settled in his veins. A sensation that was only able to be produced by Mr. Miles Kane.

"I'm nervous," he mumbled.

"Baby, don't be," Miles replied, kissing the top of his head gently.

Alex pouted and looked up at the older man, his brown eyes swirling with worry.

Miles leaned down to pepper small kisses all over the younger boy's face causing him to smile and let out a small noise.