Secrets out

Peeta PoV

Ding
The bells chimes, signalling we have a customer. I wipe my hand on my apron and poke my head round the side. No one? Oh well. I turn back and stumble in shock.

"Delly!" I shout when I regain my balance, laughing. "How'd you get there?" I went the other way round, you muppet!" She giggles.

"Here. My mum told me your mum needs this?" She holds out and bag and I take it.

"Thanks, I'll give it to her later." I place the bag on the hook and take off my apron.

"Your shift over?" Delly asks. "You still need to tell me that story." She smiles.

"Oh yeah, I'm just finishing now, Wanna go somewhere?" I ask dusting myself of.

"Ask Delly."

Katniss's words from last night rejog in my mind. What does Delly have to do with any of that?

"Actually I need to speak to you anyway." I say at the thought. She raises an eyebrow and I shake my head.I chuck Delly my keys."I'll be out in a second."

I quick change from my work clothes and grab my wallet.

"Where you off to?" Jordan asks (AN I forgot the brothers names just go with it) pulling the apron over his head ready to start his shift.

"Out with Delly, probably to get ice cream."

"Ice cream?" Essie, my little sister, comes running in. Her eyes wide and smile big and toothy.

"Yeah!" I bend down to her height and laugh."Wanna come?"

She nods her head excitedly and laughs as I put her over my shoulders in a fire mans lift. She hits my back with her hands and kicks my chest with her little feet.

"Look who I found." I joke as I set her in the back seat of the convertible, roof already down.

"Delly!" Essie yells and hugs the back of the passenger seat.

"'Ello my little Essie-Belle." She pouts at the nickname Delly gave Essie when she was born.

"Don't call me that! I'm a big girl now, almost 7." She grins, one of her front teeth half the length of the other.

"Still my lil boo." I say, my nickname for her after the little girl in 'monsters ink".

"Really?" Delly looks to me in genuine shock. "Almost 7? Where did those 7 years go?" I nod in agreement and pull into the Gelato.

"Okay, Es, me and Delly need to talk. So if we get our ice cream at the shop and then walk round to the park you behave okay?" I ask, getting her out of the backseat. She nods.

"And don't tell mummy you've had ice cream, got it?" She giggles this time and nods again.

We get our ice creams and walk round to the park, where Essie runs off to as soon as.

"Here?" I ask signalling at the bench infront of us, taking a seat. She follows and sits after me.

"So? You and Katniss..?" She asks cautiously.

So I tell her. From the very beginning. Our first date, asking her out, our first argument, then everything going well. Then the cafeteria that day, Gale, personality change, That night that man found and the groups suspitions.