Mends

Katniss

They all turn and look at me, eyes wide is some sort of emotion I can't quite depict: fear? Pity?

"How much did you hear?" Clove questions when no one speaks.

"Enough." I say "I told you not to talk to Gale, did I not?" I say spitefully, but I have a sudden feeling of regret so I quickly add "You wouldn't have known that otherwise. Nobody else knew."

"You had to tell us at some point any." Finnick says thoughtfully. "Surely it's better sooner rather than later ."

I sit up and realise all eyes are on my body. I look down at myself and find I've been stripped of my jumper. The marks Gales left on me are unavoidable. I think about running, but I realise I'm probably not fit for that. Not after what happened...wait? How did I end up back here? Gale wouldn't have brought me home surely?

I look up and am met with the familiar blue eyes. It's sounds weird, but I used to be able to tell exactly what he was saying through his eyes. It's been too long.

I finally nod in answer to Finnicks comment. The thing is, they don't know the truth.

"I didn't think you'd care, that's all." I decide to play it out for a bit, but what I say is true. They couldn't have cared less if they tried the past few months.

"Kat." Annie says, her voice delicate and soft. "If we'd had known, known he was doing something like this..." she trails off, unsure of her wording.

"You slept with him aswell, didn't you Kat?" It's Clove, but her voice doesn't sound mean and demeaning. I sense genuine concern, just not in a very typical way. More like a disappointed parent.

"I wouldn't call it that." I whisper, and she raises her eyes brows.

"Well babies don't just come out of-"

"It wasn't consented." I say loud enough for her to stop her sentence. "I didn't have a choice." I swallow hard.

There's a long pause in the conversation. It feels like hours.

"He raped you." It's the first time the voice speaks. I look up and meet his eyes yet again. I nod, although it wasn't a question.

I see Clove blink away a tear and let it run down her face. I reach out and wipe it like she used to do me when I first arrived and was homesick.

"Don't cry for me."

"I'm gonna kill him." Finnick says, calm but you can hear venom behind his voice. "Peeta c'mon we're going-" he goes to grab Peeta.

"No!" I shout, my voice breaking towards the end slightly. "Please, he can't know I told you!" I feel my own tears threading to spill as I reach out to grab Peetas other wrist. They both look at me with an unsure look.

"You wanna cause me more harm?" I say quietly and Finnick drops his grip on Peetas arm before embracing me and for the first time in my life he cries.

"You didn't deserve this!" He shouts into my shoulder, he pulls away so he's looking at me. "I was meant to protect you."

"Finnick.."

"He's right Kat, you came here to be safe." Peeta says, his eyes baby blue from the tears that brim.

"That was our only job, to make sure you were safe and unharmed." Clove says, her voice hollow. "But you're not."

"It's not you're fault, you couldn't have known."

"You just said yourself that we didn't care." Cato says.

"We feel awful." Glimmers face is marked with silent tears.

"I'm okay now." I attempt but no ones buying it. "

"But your not are you?" Peeta says, slamming his fist in the counter in frustration before wrapping his arms round Finnick who seems to be in a similar state.

"You're the brothers I never had!"

"I would say Peetas a little more than a brother." Finnick teases and I slap him.

"Peeta has Delly, dipshit." I roll my eyes and Peeta chuckles.

"Whatever, I'll always protect you like my little sister." Finnick says smug and I smile up at him.

"And what about you!"  I tease Peeta and he grins before answering.

"Don't need to sugarcoat it sweetheart." My nickname from Haymitch, of course. "I mean thats what you and I do, protect each other." I beam at his words.

We're would I be without them?

Here. This is the place I feared  at the tender age of 13. Once again violated, unprotected, scared. I need to tell them the entire truth before they all breakdown.

"I have some explaining to do."

"Katniss, Peetas already-"

"No!" I stop. "The whole story."

Peeta

And so she does. Beginning to end. The whole truth. The day by the lockers, the cafeteria, even the night she wasn't home til late, although I wished she hadn't of said. They things they done to her... inhumane.

"Is that where..?" Clove questions, but only gets a confused look from Katniss in response.
"You know..?"

"The baby." I confirm and I feel something shift in her eyes.

"You think you guys can keep a promise this time?" She questions and I share a glance with Finnick.

"I'm not pregnant. There's no baby."

Okay short para guys but hopefully a quick update!!! Comment, vote and go check out my other story "the little star crossed lovers" as I'm gonna start updating that regular. Thank you love you all so much!

Livi xx
All rights reserved