Chapter 4: Edited

Chapter 4

Sydney runs over to the dying Abraham with her brother and puts his head in her lap. He touches her heart and then Steve's and closes his eyes, and takes his last breath. Steve gets up while Sydney gently kisses him on the forehead, and places his head gently on the ground.

She begins to follow Steve, but she's soon overtaken him, and begins to get faster, and faster, and faster, and soon she's so fast she can't stop. She's running through the streets of Brooklyn, Buildings passing by in streaks of brown and slight patches of blue. When she looks behind her, there's a faint light purple trail behind her. She eventually reaches the water, and jumps in.

She was at the docks, a few boats passing by, their horns blaring, when she hears screaming. She swims over and sees a little boy being held by the man who shot Abraham and Steve in front of them. The boy is thrown in and Sydney catches him before he can be seriously hurt. Steve looks over, panicked and about ready to jump in.

"I got him Steve! Just go!" Sydney yells and Steve spares her a single glance before running in the direction of the murderer. She helps the boy swim over and she was very thankful that she had worn that bind, though it was threatening to tear at any moment, and anyone could see the white fabric from beneath the now see-through shirt.

She swims the boy over to the ladder and helps him up to his mom. She grabs him and says, "Oh Billy, you're okay!" She looks at Sydney as she get up and out of the water. "Oh thank you! Thank you for saving my boy!"

"All in a day's work Ma'am," Sydney says and she salutes the woman, before winking at the little boy, and using her super speed to run over to where Steve was standing over the dead body of the man who had been running before.

()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()

Steve, referring to the amount of blood samples taken from him and his sister, says, "I think you got enough."

"Any hope of reproducing a programme is locked in your genetic code. But without Dr. Erskine it will take years.," Agent Carter says.

"He deserved more than this," Sydney mumbles.

"If it could only work once, he'd be proud it was you two. Hydra is the Nazi deep science division. It's led by Johann Schmidt. But he has much bigger ambitions." The three of them walk out into the hall and see the Colonel and the Senator with his Aide all talking.

"Hydra's practically a cult. They worship Schmidt, they think he's invincible," The colonel says.

"So what are you gonna do about it?" Senator Brant asks.

"Spoke to the president this morning. As of today the SSR is being retasked," Phillips says.

"Colonel?" Agent Carter asks.

"We are taking the fight to Hydra. Pack your bags Agent Carter. You too, Stark. You're flying to London tonight," Colonel Phillips says.

"Sir, if you're going after Schmidt, We want in," Steve says.

"You're an experiment. You're going to Alamogordo. You though," He says as he points to Steve's sister. "You we could use. Get behind enemy lines faster than anyone."

"Will all do respect sir, the serum worked, and if I'm going, Steve should come with me."

"I asked for an army and all I got was you two. You are not enough," He says.