Chapter 8

Sydney was in the secret bunker in her room that the government provided for her. She was just sitting there, letting whatever tears could fall, fall, as she was too dehydrated to care anymore. She stares at the wall emotionless, the only thing she could feel was her heart breaking in pain. She hears a knock at the door and looks up, hoping to see Bucky's face one last time, for him to comfort her, but she knew that wasn't going to happen when Howard Stark walked through the door. He looks at her, a mess of unwashed clothes, uneaten food, and a full glass of water, her hair a mess and her eyes red and puffy from crying, and black and blue from lack of sleep. Her blonde hair greasy and falling in strands in her face, not in her usual ponytail.

"Wow you look like death," Howard says and she stiffens. "Sorry, poor choice of words. Anyways, you need to eat." She doesn't respond, she just goes back to staring at the wall. "Please Sydney, you need to eat. Bucky wouldn't want you to be like this!"

"What would you know what he wants?" Sydney asks so quietly he can't hear her.

"I'm sorry?" Howard says.

"How would you know what he wants?!" Sydney asks, much louder as she looks at howard, her once bright blue eyes not dark and harrowing. "You don't know him! Only Steve and I knew him."

Howard looks at her with sympathy and sits down next to her. She looks at him, and begins to cry again, though there were no tears. "They have a mission for you, and I though I would tell you to get your mind off of, well, yea," Howard says and Sydney nods.

"Thank you Howard," Sydney says. He gets up to leave but Sydney calls him back. "Oh and Howard," He turns around. "I heard there's a single girl by the name of Lorraine who works here, maybe you should talk to her. She talks about you quite a bit." Howard nods and leaves. She clutches Bucky's tags as he does and sighs. Guess it was time for Swift to make her final mission, though she didn't know that at the time.

()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()

"Johann Schmidt belongs in a bug house. He thinks he's a god and he's willing to blow up half the world to prove it, starting with the U.S.A," Colonel Phillips says.

"Schmidt's working with powers beyond our capabilities," Howard says. "He gets across the Atlantic, he will wipe out the entire eastern seaboard in an hour."

"How much time we got?" Gabe asks.

"According to my new best friend, under 24 hours," Phillips says.

"Where is he now?" Jacques Dernier asks.

"Hydra's last base is here..." Phillips shows a picture. "In the Alps, 500 feet below the surface."

"So what are we supposed to do?" Jim Morita asks. "I mean, it's not like we can just knock on the front door."

"Why not?" The twins ask.

"That's exactly what we're gonna' do," Steve says.

()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()

Steve and Sydney ride on Steve's motorbike with Hydra agents trailing them. They miss their first few shots, hitting steve's shield and bouncing off. Sydney returns fire, but it's hard to get a shot in with them moving around so much. She hits one, but that arely makes a dent in their force. Steve hits a button and many of the hydra agents dodge a rope that hit two trees, but two are thrown off their bikes, Steve goes faster, prompting them to either slow down, or drive right into the flames. That takes out a few more people. That leaves out two more drivers. They drive in front of the twins on their shared bike, though that doesn't slow them down. They drive past and Sydney takes out the plug to one of the motorcycles, which blows both of them up. They continue driving.