Chapter 9 ~ Explanations

ϟ ~ ϟ Chapter 9 ϟ ~ ϟ

“Damn it Rick! Stop it already!” the familiar voice of my everyday savior rang through my ears. Seriously Chase has been dealing with all them bullies these past few months that I couldn’t be any more grateful. Even though he was one of them, he started changing his ways and I hadn’t been touched by him for a long time.

“What the fuck Chase?!” Ricky yelled at his face and shoved him away. Then all hell broke loose.

Chase started punching Ricky and Ricky had Chase in a headlock kicking him. I was so damn weak that I couldn’t even stand up and all I could do was stare and be worried on the inside. Chase got away from the headlock pretty quickly and had Ricky on the ground in seconds. After he punched his face once, he lowered himself next to Ricky’s ear.

“Touch her again and I’ll be sure to fucking send you to the hospital with no discharge note, got it?” he threatened him and got up slowly. His eyes locked with mine and he came closer. He lowered himself next to me. “Can I touch you?” he asked gently and I nodded. He cautiously placed his hands around me and got me into a bridal position on them. I didn’t feel any parts of my body so I just rested my hands on my lap. Looks like he has to do all the work, but he seems to be just fine with it.

He started heading towards the nurse room of the school.

“What happened?” another familiar voice that managed to come to good terms with Chase filled my ears.

“Jack! Help me find the nurse room. My vision is blurry damn it.” Chase replied at Jackson who seemed to understand.

“Right okay.” Jackson said and took the spot in front of Chase who was now following him closely behind.

Moments later we were in the nurse room and I got placed on a bed. The nurse seemed alerted for her hands were trembling. But she tried looking calm and collected.

“What happened to you guys?” she threw the question to me and Chase. She had already started cleaning the wounds on my face and body.

“Long story. Wait for the movie.” Jackson replied and took a seat on one of the white couches near the door.

“You poor little thing.” She mumbled under her breath but I got to hear it. I sighed not in the mood to receive pity and looked over at Chase. He had his eyes on me all the time with a look that I couldn’t understand and he was slowly cleaning his own woods.

“Are you okay?” I asked him and he seemed flabbergasted probably because I was worried about him. He managed to nod his head and I found myself nodding too after he asked me the same thing.

After few minutes passed the nurse got up from her seat next to me and walked towards her desk.

“Done.” She exclaimed and I smiled at her. After some struggling, I got into a sitting position and let out a sigh when I couldn’t properly stand up from the bed.

“Damn it.” I murmured and Chase seemed to have heard this because he was on my side in seconds. He helped me get up and I threw him a grateful smile. Jackson was quick on his step too. He quickly opened the door for us and slow as turtles we made our way to it.

“And be careful next time kids.” The nurse yelled once we were out of the room. Jackson nodded his head at her and closed the door behinds us.

“So what now?” he asked and looked at me then at Chase.

“I can’t even walk.” I stated and they both looked at me. “I’ll just go to the park till school is over and then I’ll go home. I’m sure I’ll look better by then.” I announced and scratched the back of my neck feeling uneasy under their stares.