I'm a Monster

Playing on stage has to be the most amazing feeling ever. I get so into it, the fans cheering us on and singing along with Aaron and Austin... Austin has so much energy I feed off of it.

We jump and run on stage and I play my heart out. The set was amazing, and the fans keep cheering for more. We decide to play one last song; Second and Sebring. Austin chokes out the words, I know how hard it is for him to do this, I on the other hand can play it flawlessly.

When the song is over we all walk off stage smiling but Austin looks like he's on the verge of breaking down. I hand my guitar off and I walk up to him...

I gingerly say, "Austin... You okay?"

He takes a deep breath and looks up.

"Yeah, I always am." He smiles and his eyes crinkle up. A thin sheen of sweat glistens his skin and he looks tired. I pull him in and hug his tightly. He wraps his long arms around my waist and squeezes me back.

"Let's go to a campfire acoustic session tonight with Sleeping With Sirens... You'll love it."

I pull back and smile at him. He nods and then walks off and gets a bottled water. I sigh and walk with the guys to the bus.

We all take turns showering and getting dressed and decide to play some games before night fall.

Tino Phil and Aaron are playing xbox and Austin and I are making hot pockets. He takes it out of the microwave and immediately goes to take a bite but burns his tongue.

"Ow! Dammit!"

I giggle and kiss his lips tenderly.

"That makes it feel so much better."

He smiles at me and I grab the back of his neck and pull his face down to mine and kiss him again. And again.

I glide my tongue across his bottom lip and he grants me access. I take my time exploring every crevice of his mouth and then our tongues fight for dominance. He puts his hands on my waist and pulls me flat against him and then we hear an awkward cough.

We both pull apart immediately and I look to see Tino standing behind us.

"Uhhhh can someone explain what's going on?"

I hear Austin mutter 'shit' under his breath..

"We were just-"

"Sucking face? Alan I didn't know you- Austin I didn't know you were either... You guys are like... Are you gay?"

"I am..." I turn to see Austin frozen in place.

"Hey man, whatever. If you two want to go gay for each other cool just, I don't want to hear anything cause my bunk is right under yours and-"

I rush over and hug him. "Thanks Tino. We promise you won't have to hear any of it."

He nods and grabs some drinks and heads to the back lounge. I look at Austin who's just nibbling on his hot pocket.

"You okay?"

"So the guys know, but what about the fans?"

"We'll get there eventually..."

I feel a buzz in my pocket and take out my phone.

New Text Message From Trotta:

Are we still on for tonight???

Oh shit... "Austin, is it okay if we bring Justin tonight?"

"Yeah whatever.."

Alan:

Sure but Austin is coming with us :P

Trotta:

Okay meet you by the bus in a few.

"Austin why did you kick him out of the band?"

"Like I said, he was a douche. Are you ready to go?"

He kisses my forehead and any doubt I had in his false statement disappears.

I nod and we both head out of the bus shouting our goodbyes to the guys. I light up a cigarette and wait for Justin. He comes walking up and waves with a flick of his wrist.

"Hey Justin!"

"Hey Alan, hey Austin.."

His voice deepened when he said Austins name which was weird. He leaded us over to the campfire set and some guys were already starting a huge fire. I grabbed Austins hand but he pulled it away and waved at people who greeted us.

I got us a seat near the guys who were playing and Austin went to get drinks from a nearby cooler. Justin and I sat there awkwardly and Austin came and sat between us handing me a beer... And not Justin.

I took a swig of my beer and waited for someone to say something.

Justin leaned over and said,

"So I heard their introducing a new song tonight. They're gonna play a regular set then play something new."

"Cool, I wonder what it is."

Then Kellin came out and so did Justin and Gabe. They tuned their guitars a little and then Kellin counted off.

I cooed to Austin,

"Ohhh I love this song!"

They were playing James Dean and Audrey Hepburn and I swooned.

I laid my head on Austin's shoulder. He looked down at me and smiled. We swayed to the music and I sang along barely audible. After a couple songs Austin whispered to me,

"I'm gonna go get another drink."

I nodded and when he stood up I noticed that Justin was gone too... Weird...

After the guys played "Don't you ever Forget About Me" Kellin cleared his throat and said,

"Alright guys, thanks for coming out, but tonight we wanted to introduce a new-"

"WHAT THE FUCK MAN?!?!"

I spun around to see Austin shoving Justin and my eyes widened in fear.

"Austin, don't get mad at me because you couldn't keep your hands to yourself!"

And that was it... I saw Austin snap. He cocked his arm back and swung it so hard at Justin's poor little face he immediately fell to the ground. Everyone was staring. Austin turned on his foot and pointed at me and growled,

"Were leaving.."