Hide and Seek

"Hey.." I said feebly... What was she doing here? What does she want? I've never been so scared of a girl before... I felt Mariela put a hand on my shoulder and Gilelle said annoyingly,

"Alan, what are you doing in a dump like this?"

"It's not a dump, it's cute, we have a record player, I sleep on that comfortable couch, it's nice.."

"Is this your girlfriend?"

"No she's just a friend helping me out.."

"Helping you do what, Alan?"

"Hide.. I'm hiding I'm letting Austin have his space so he can figure out what he wants. If he wants me, he can come find me."

"Nobody could find you, Alan! Nobody knew where to look. You don't have your phone on so no one can call you. Austin keeps calling just to hear the voice mail. Can you atleast show up so he knows your alright, he really cares about you..."

"Are you two divorced yet?"

"No, and we won't be for awhile. Look, can you just-"

I slammed the door in her face... I can't believe what I just heard. I'm not sad anymore, I'm pissed off... I turned around to see Mariela looking at me sympathetically...

"Alan, I'm sorry.."

"It's not your fault. Hey, I think I should call the coffee shop and take someone's shift tonight. I feel bad for leaving like that."

"Okay I'm gonna head off and catch my next class, see you later."

She walked out and Gillele was still standing in the hall. I didn't say anything to her I just shut the door. A couple minutes later she was knocking.

"Alan, I know your in there, open up. I wasn't done talking."

I reluctantly got up and opened the door and leaned on the door frame crossing my arms.

"I'm not going to lie Alan, I still love Austin. Yes, me and him both made mistakes cheating on each other, but we did love each other right? I just want another chance with him so the conditions were; he stays with me for a month and if it doesn't work out I leave, but if he wants me to stay I'll stay."

I stood there just staring at her... She sighed and muttered a 'whatever' before walking off. I thought for a moment then called after her,

"Wait! could you do me a favor? Umm... Don't tell Austin where I am.."

Austin's POV

I sat in my room and was on my third beer. I dialed Alan's number again but no answer. I set my phone down and thought about what I did to deserve this? Why did he have to leave? I just want to know if he's okay.. That's all I want. I just want him. I heard my 'wife' angrily slam the door shut and yell my name. I chuckled as she came into my room and was seething with anger..

"What did you do to my stuff, Austin?"

"I want you gone I can't keep doing this. I don't love you."

"You could have said that!"

"I HAVE. SEVERAL TIMES. Can you count how many times I've said I want ALAN and not you!? No! Because your too stupid to get that through your thick hair!"

She stared me down for a second and then picked up one of my bottles, looked at it, then said calmly,

"I saw Alan today.."

Then she threw the bottle at me and I ducked as it hit the wall.

"You what? Where?!"

She picked up another bottle and threw it at me and yelled,

"I would tell you but I have to go get my shit off your front lawn!"

She slammed my bedroom door closed and headed outside. I followed her and she was picking up stuff and shoving it in her car. I grabbed her arm and then said,

"Where. Was. He."

"Let me go Austin."

"Not until you tell me."

"He told me not to tell you where he was, so I intend to keep that promise for him."

I let her go and stomped upstairs... I saw her purse sitting there so I decided to go through it. Her wallet, some make up shit, change, tampons, ew, and a receipt... For a coffee shop near the church Aaron got married in. I put it in my wallet and then went and got in the shower. I scrubbed my self and my hair and shaved my face. When I got out I dried off and fixed my hair. I wore black skinny jeans and a Slipknot tee shirt. I slipped on my black converse and got in my car. She was still picking up her stuff when I drove off...

The drive there took too long.. Way too long.. It was an hour and thirty minutes away for fucks sake...

I stood outside the little secluded coffee shop and thought; this is where he's been? Weird.. I walked up and opened the door and immediately scanned the place. There were a few customers and a girl with way too many freckles behind the counter. I stood in the doorway and didn't see Alan anywhere. I walked up to the counter and the girl asked me

"What can I get for you today?"

"A 22 year old ginger boy."

She looked at me confused at first, and then said,

"Are you Austin?"

"Yes. And I'm looking for Alan Ashby."

"Sorry he left this morning. He might be coming back later though."

"Okay, thanks. I'll take a black coffee while I wait."

Alan's POV

"I'm back! Hope you didn't miss me!"

I tied my apron around my waist and Hayley just smiled at me. We were standing in the back room when she started fidgeting..

"What's wrong?"

"Austin is out there waiting for you.."

"What?" I opened the door and peeped outside and sure enough he was sitting there staring at his phone.."

I gasped and leaned against the wall..

"What do I do Hayley?"

"Go talk to him? He's been waiting here for hours.."

I stepped out of the room and behind one of the coffee machines.. I started fidgeting with it and turned around to dump the used coffee grounds out of it when I heard Austin's voice from the other side of the counter..

"Alan."

I turned around and looked at him..

"Alan your okay. Your okay!"

"Yeah of course I am."

"I thought something bad happened to you. I had no idea where you were! Why didn't you call?"

"Because I wanted to give you time to figure out what you wanted.."

He jumped over the counter and stood toe to toe with me and looked me in the eyes.

"It's you Alan I want you."

The biggest smile ever spread across my face and I said, "do you, really?"

He answered that by picking me up and kissing me. He kissed me like he hasn't seen me for two years. I wrapped my hands around his neck and kissed him back.

He put me down and whispered,

"I love you Alan."

"I love you too, Austin."