Jessica's story

Jessica's P.O.V

I was 17 years old and was driving to my best friend Izzy's house. I wanted to hang out with her because I hadn't seen her in a while. I parked in her driveway and got out of the car. I rang the doorbell and her stepfather answered it. He let me inside but told me that Izzy wasn't home. I decided to wait anyway. I went to her bedroom and sat on the bed. After about 10 minutes of waiting her stepfather came into the room.

"Izzy won't be here until tonight."

"That's okay. I'll just go home then. "

But when I stood up, he pushed me back down. "Hey!" I said. I tried to get up again but he pushed me down again. "You're not going anywhere." he said as he locked the door. Suddenly, everything went dark......

When I woke up, I found myself on the ground in a dark alley. I was already nighttime and I was alone. I tried to get up but I couldn't. I had bruises all over my arms and legs. I was bleeding from my right arm and under my left knee. Izzy's father must've beaten me up. But why?

Later that night once I walked home, I decided to text Izzy so I could explain to her what had happened. But once I told her everything she didn't believe me! She said she knew her stepfather was violent but he would never do that to me. She even told me that I wasn't a true friend for lying to her. Since that day, we haven't really spoken. I also decided not to get into a relationship because I didn't know if I could trust another guy. That was until I met Yvonne's boyfriend...