Chapter 18

I ran up to the house and opened the door as quickly as I could.

"Niall?" I yelled as I entered the apartment.

"Cara! You're back!" Liam said, he stood up from the couch.

"Yeah, where's Niall?"

"We were so worried about you. Where were you?" Liam asked ignoring my question.

Just then, Louis and Zayn came running down the stairs.

"Where have you been?" Louis asked.

"We tried calling you all night, you never picked up." Zayn said.

"I was at Harry's. Where's Niall?"

"So you and Harry made up?"

"Is he coming back?"

"I can't talk about this right now, I need to talk to Niall. Where is he?"

The boys looked at each other. They didn't say anything.

"Well?" I asked again.

"Didn't he leave a message?" Liam asked.

"He left a lot of messages, I didn't have time to listen to all of them. Why?"

"Cara... Niall went back to England." Liam said.

"What? Why?"

"He felt terrible about what happened. He didn't think you wanted to see him again, so he decided to go back to England early. He left this morning." Liam said.

I didn't know what to say. I felt terrible, and I needed to see Niall. I couldn't believe that I had basically pushed him out of the country.

"I--I need to see him." I said quietly.

"I don't think he's even landed yet."

I could hardly wrap my head around what Liam had just told me.

"No. No he can't be gone. I need to see him. I need to talk to him. We need to work this out, I--I can't just... be here without him, I need him. I love him."

"Cara..." Zayn said, "I'm sorry. He's gone."

"No, you don't understand. Before Niall came into my life, I--I was so afraid all of the time. And I hated it, and I hated myself. I didn't understand why I was here or--or why I was still even trying to be happy when it was so clear that I was never going to get that. But then Niall came and he changed everything. He made me feel safe, and he showed me that I don't have to be this way, I don't have to be sad and scared all of the time, I can be happy. And he loved me. Never in my life have I felt more beautiful or more important or--or just happy than I do when I'm with Niall. He saved me from--from myself and from everything that has happened. He made me forget. And for once in my life I saw a future for myself, I saw my life with him. And it was happy, and I was happy. But then he said one wrong thing, one tiny wrong thing, and... I don't know, I was afraid that it was all going to go away. I was afraid that... that he wasn't always going to love me and I thought that maybe I can't have happiness and maybe I was just kidding myself. And I was scared and so I left but... but I was wrong. I need him. I need... I need to go to England."

"What!?" Liam said.

"Oh my God... I need to go to England."

"What, you mean now?"

"Yes."

I ran upstairs.

"Cara, what are you doing?" Zayn yelled after me.

"I'm going to England!" I yelled back.

After I packed a small bag, Liam drove me to the airport.

"Are you sure there will be a flight?" Liam asked.

"I don't know. I guess I'll find out when I get there."

"I'm just worried about you. I thought this whole fight with Niall was about you not being able to go to England with him. What changed your mind?"

"I have to see Niall."

Liam looked at me skeptically.

"I know it doesn't make sense. But something just clicked inside of me. All I want is to be where Niall is, I don't care where. Not anymore at least."

"So you're happy?"

"I will be. Once I see Niall again."

"He really loves you, Cara."

"And I really love him."

When we got to the airport I bought a ticket for the next flight out to England, leaving in a little under an hour.

"Do you have money?" Liam asked.

"American money." I answered.

"Here," Liam said, "Take this." He pulled out a few English notes from his wallet and handed them to me.

"Liam, you don't have to."

"It's nothing. I just want you to be safe."

I smiled, "Thank you."

"Where are you going after you land?"

"I think I'm going to call Niall. Tell him that I'm coming and everything. Maybe he'll pick me up. If not I'll just take a can to some hotel."

"And you'll call me if you have any problems?"

"Alright."

"Good." Liam smiled at me.

"You don't have to wait with me. I can wait by myself."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I need some alone time anyway. To think and stuff."

"Okay. Good luck, Cara."

Liam hugged me before leaving.

I sat in the terminal waiting for my plane to arrive. I still had about a half hour to kill.

I took out my phone and dialed Niall's number before nervously putting the phone to my ear. It went straight to voicemail. He was still on his flight.

"Niall? Um, it's me. It's Cara." I said nervously.

"Um... I'm coming to England. I know it's really last minute and everything but... Anyway, I'm flying into the London International Airport. My flight lands at 10:00. Terminal 6. I, um, I don't even know if you want to see me, but I want to see you. I need to see you. Niall, I love you. And I'm so sorry. For everything. I miss you and I can't live without you. I love you so much. Bye."

I hung up the phone and stuffed it back into my pocket. I had no idea how Niall would react to this, but I didn't care. All I cared about was seeing him. No matter what it took.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry that this is another short chapter! But I hope you like it.

The next chapter is going to be the last one. And then, if people want me to, I might write a sequel. If not, I'll probably write an epilogue sometime later.

Remember to leave feedback! I really appreciate it!

I love you all!

xoxo, Kay