Chapter 1

I reached over and checked my phone. He was late, of course he was late. I really couldn't blame him, with his life now he couldn't possibly always be on time. But I missed him. 

It had been a while since I had last seen Harry. Ever since One Direction took off we had only been able to see each other for at most an hour or two, and even that was rare. Not that I blamed him for that, he was living the dream, and that's what I wanted for him. I just wished things weren't so complicated. But it was okay.

Harry and I had been friends for as long as I could remember. No, not just friends, best friends. He was the only person that I could tell everything to--things that I didn't even want to admit to myself--and he was always there for me. I missed him more than I could say, and I was beyond thrilled to have him and the boys staying with me--if they ever got here.

The sound of the doorbell ringing pulled me out of my thoughts. Finally, they were here. I jumped up and sprinted to the door. 

"Cara!" Harry exclaimed as I opened the door.

"Harry!" I said, jumping up to give him a hug.

Harry picked me up and spun me around. 

"I've missed you so much!" I said.

"Me too." Harry said.

He placed me back down onto the floor and turned to face the rest of the boys, who were still standing in the doorway. 

"Liam, Louis, Zayn, Niall...this is Cara. Cara Beckett."

"Hello!" I exclaimed, hoping that I didn't sound like a complete idiot. I knew they were famous, but I didn't expect them to be this intimidating. Or gorgeous. Each and every one of them looked flawless standing in that doorway, and I had the sudden urge to fangirl, but I contained myself. 

The boys responded with a chorus of polite "Hellos" and waves. 

It took me a moment to realize that I was staring. I blushed, and attempted to gather my thoughts.

"Alright, so um... Let me show you your rooms." I said.

I gestured for them to follow me and led the 5 boys upstairs.

"I have two spare rooms, and I've already made up all of the beds--"

"You didn't have to do that!" Liam said.

"Oh, no it's really nothing. It's not like I had anything to do anyway." I laughed.

Just as I had finished showing the boys around I heard the timer go off downstairs in the kitchen.

"Oh, that's dinner!" I said.

"You made us dinner?!" Niall said.

I laughed, "I told you, it's not like I have anything better to do. Anyway, you guys can get all set up, dinner will be ready in a couple of minutes."

I bounced downstairs to the kitchen. I didn't want to admit it, but all five boys were incredibly charming. I felt like a little girl. 

"Oh my God, I must look so stupid!" I thought.

I set the food on the counter and called the boys for dinner. They came running down the stairs, sat down at the counter, and started wolfing down their food.

"Wow," I said, "You must be hungry."

"Starving!" Niall said, with his mouth full of food.

I giggled and blushed, looking down at my plate. 

As we ate, we talked, and I became really comfortable talking with each of them. They seemed so genuine and down to earth, within minutes I felt like I could talk to them as if I had known them for years. We talked and laughed for hours, and we would've talked longer if I hadn't realized what time it was.

"Shit!" I exclaimed, looking at the clock, "I have work in the morning!"

"What time is it?" Zayn asked.

"It's almost one. I've gotta get to bed," I said, slightly disappointed, "but it's been really, really great talking to you all. Goodnight!"

"Goodnight, Cara!" The boys said in unison.

I waved goodbye to them as I headed upstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so that's the first chapter.

I know it's really slow and it's really bad. It's just the introduction chapter. But I promise the next one is better!

Probably...

Leave feedback if you have any!

I love you all!

xoxo, Kay