Chapter 17

I woke up with my head laying on Harry's chest. He was already up.

"Good morning." His raspy voice spoke as he smiled down at me.

"Good morning." My throat hurt and my eyes stung. I could feel the dried tears on my face.

We laid there for a while, me with my head against his chest, listening to the soft sound of his heartbeat, and him with his arms wrapped around me. It was nice. I felt safe, warm, and loved wrapped up in Harry's strong arms.

"Harry?" I asked after a while.

"Yes, love?" Harry said softly.

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

"What do you mean?"

"I thought you said you never wanted to see me again. I thought I broke your heart..."

"Forget about that. I didn't mean that. Not about never wanting to see you again." Harry said, sadness hinting in his voice.

I looked up at him and waited for further explanation.

"Cara... I do love you. And part of that, part of loving you, means that all I want is for you to be happy. And when you're with Niall... That's when you're happy."

"I don't want to talk about that." I said abruptly, sitting up.

"Listen to me, Cara." Harry sat up behind me.

"When you're with Niall, you're... better. You're happier. The way that you look at him... I can't even explain it. You don't look at me that way. You don't look at anyone that way. And, oh my God, the way he looks at you. Cara, he loves you. If I know anything at all it's that he is completely in love with you. Once I realized that... I don't know, I realized that you're not meant to be with me. You're meant to be with him."

"Not anymore." I said, wiping a tear from my eye.

"Don't say that." Harry said.

He got out of bed and walked over to where my purse was lying on the floor.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Here." Harry said, tossing my phone to me.

I caught it and immediately saw what he meant. I had hundreds of missed calls and texts from Niall. I clicked on one of the voicemails he had left and held the phone to my ear.

"Cara, it's me." Niall's voice came through the speaker, "Please, please pick up. We have to talk about this. I didn't mean what I said, I was just angry and... I'm so, so sorry. Please pick up. I have to talk to you, I have to hear your voice, I have to know that you're okay. Cara... I love you. I love you so much. I can't be without you. Just please, please come back or--or call, or-- I don't know. I just need to know that you're okay. I love you, Cara."

I sat there in silence.

"You're right." I said to Harry, wiping tears from my cheeks, "Oh, my God, you're right. I... I have to go back. I have to see him. Oh, my God, you're right."

I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. I pulled on my pants from the night before and quickly tried to make myself look somewhat put together.

"I need a car." I said as I raced to get my stuff together.

"Take mine." Harry said, tossing me his keys.

"Harry?" I said, walking to him.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you." I smiled at Harry and kissed him on the cheek before running out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So we're coming to an end soon!

Let me know if you liked this chapter!

I'm going to try to update as much as possible today. My goal is to finish today, but I'm not making any promises.

Thank you guys so much for reading! remember to vote and comment!

I love you all!

xoxo, Kay