Bout

Blake listened with her utmost concentration, writing down every tidbit of information Professor Oobleck was informing the class. Blake already knew everything that was being taught in the days history lesson, focusing on the bout at Fort Castle.

"Now can anyone tell me what advantage the Faunas had over general Lagoon and his forces?" Oobleck persisted.

At that moment Jaune let out a loud gasp of air as he woke up from his daydream, apparently Cardin had intentionally woken him up.

"Mister Arc! Finally contributing to class, this is excellent excellent, what is the answer!?" Professor Oobleck asked excitedly, closing in on Jaime.

"Ummm, the answer... the advantage of the Faunus had over that guy stuff..." Jaune said slowly, searching for help. He caught a glimpse of Pyrrha behind Oobleck who was making circles around her eyes with her hands.

"Uh b-binoculars" Jaune said loudly, misinterpreting Pyrrha's gestures. The class roared with laughter, especially Cardin. Pyrrha let her head fall onto her palm in exasperation, Blake wanted to do the same. Oobleck raced back behind his desk.

"Very funny mister Arc" Oobleck's attention then turned to a nonchalant Cardin.

"Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject" he continued, unamused.

"Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier" he said sneering. Oobleck shook his head a little. Blake began to feel her temperature rise once again at Cardin's disgusting remark.

"You aren't the most opened minded of individuals are you Cardin?" Pyrrha said, her words sharp and cold.

"What!? You got a problem" he replied angrily.

"No, I have the answer" she said simply.

"It's night vision, many Faunus are know to have nearly perfect sight in the dark. She continued.

"General Lagoon made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep" Blake chimed in. Oobleck nodded encouragingly, edging Blake onward.

"His massive army was outmatched and the general was captured" Blake finished.

"Perhaps if you had payed attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure" Blake said, getting a satisfying verbal jab at Cardin who snorted loudly and jumped up in anger.

"Mister Winchester, please take your seat" professor Oobleck said tiredly. He turned to Jaune who was giggling in delight at Cardin.

"You and mister Arc can see me after class for additional readings" He continued, causing Jaune to let out a groan on distain.

"Now moving on! Could you please open up your books to page 145 and 146 and then read through the second, third and fourth paragraphs carefully. Then can you please take notes on which species of Faunus have night vision"

Blake packed up her books and headed back towards her dorm, glancing back a Pyrrha who was dawdling at the door of the classroom waiting for Jaune. Blake smiled a little to herself, think about the pair Jaune and Pyrrha made. She made her way upstairs and to her dorm room where she climbed up and fell onto her bed, exhausted. Yang then entered a moment after her.

"Bloody Cardin!" She exclaimed as soon as she closed the door.

"Yeah..." Blake said, her eyes closed.

"I mean, why can't he keep his damn mouth shut!?" Yang continued. Blake snorted.

"Hey I'm different!" Yang said, now smiling.

"Sure you are" Blake teased.

"Why you!" Yang said climbing up the bed. She began lightly jabbing Blake's sides with her hands, causing Blake to curl up.

"Hey no! S-stop it!" Blake barely managed to say, laughing loudly.

"Don't you make fun of me!" Yang said, giggling. The two writhed around on the bunk bed until they heard the door open. The two stopped their fight to see Weiss and Ruby standing in silence in the doorway.

"Umm..." Was all Ruby could manage to say, avoiding the two's gaze.

"Are we intruding on something" Weiss said, smirking. Blake blushed profusely.

"It was nothing!" She stammered. Yang laughed out loud, jumping off the bed.

"Don't worry, we were just messing around. Weiss continued to smirk and made her way to her and Ruby's bunks to get changed. Ruby just awkwardly shuffled into the room and quickly occupied herself with whatever she could find. Blake lay back down, her face still red. Why was Weiss smirking, nothing happened. Blake lay in deep thought, undecided on what she was feeling.

"Anyway, now that classes are over, shall we get something to eat?" Yang asked the crew.

"Naturally" Weiss replied

"Yeah! I'm starving!" Ruby said, her gusto reemerged.

The three packed turned we things and headed towards the door. Yang turned.

"Hey Blakey, you comin'?" She asked.

"Yeah I'll be down in a sec" Blake said slowly.

"Ok" Yang said, closing the door. Blake looked out of the window at the setting sun, taking in the beautiful horizon.