Dispute

"Quick! We have to observe him!" Weiss said frantically, giving chase to the rouge. Blake hesitated, breaking her trance. The group followed the cops around the street corner when Blake heard a loud "ooghf". Blake rounded the corner to see a pile of white and orange. In the distance, the Faunus leaped through an alley and out of sight.

"No he got away!" Weiss exclaimed, dusting herself off.

"Uh... Weiss?" Yang said carefully, pointing at the body on the ground. Weiss recoiled as the figure lay on the street curb, smiling.

"Salutations!" The red haired girl greeted after a brief pause.

"Um, hello." Ruby said, shooting a baffled look at her team mates.

"Are you okay?" Yang said warily.

"I'm wonderful, thank you for asking!" The girl replied, still motionless in the dirty street curb, smiling.

"Do you... want to get up?" Yang suggested. The red head contemplated for a second.

"Yes" she said and with one swift movement she kipped up her body into a standing position. And with one swift movement the team took a unanimous step backwards.

"My name is Penny! It's a pleasure to meet you!" Penny said gleefully.

"Hi penny, I'm Ruby" Ruby said politely.

"I'm Weiss"

"Blake"

"Are you sure you didn't hit your head- ow!- oh, in Yang"

"It's a pleasure to meet you!" Penny said.

"You already said that" Weiss pointed out. Penny stared into the distance, dazed.

"So I did!" She said.

"Well, sorry for running into you Weiss said, turning to leave.

"Take care friend" Ruby said, departing with the group.

"She was... weird" Yang said out loud.

"Where did that Faunus riffraff run off to?" Weiss said absentmindedly. She stopped as she came face to face with the girl, suspenders, short dress and all.

"What did you call me?" She said confused.

"Oh I'm really sorry, I definitely didn't think you heard me!" Yang apologised.

"Not you" Penny said, walking past Blake, Weiss and Yang.

"You" She said, coming in uncomfortably close to Ruby.

"Me? Oh, I-i don't know what I uh, um-" Ruby trailed of nervously.

"You called me friend!" Am I really your friend?" She asked.

"Ummm..." Ruby said, looking past Penny to her teammates giving her a negative.

"Yeah, sure. Why not." she replied. The other girls were left in silence.

"Haha! Sensational!" Penny exclaimed.

"We can paint our nails and try in clothes and talk about cute boys!" She said in excitement, not unlike another girl although all the more genuine.

"Oh... was this what it was like when you met me?" Ruby said in a moment of self realisation.

"No, she seems far more coordinated" Weiss said.

"So, what are you doing in Vale?" Yang asked the socially uncoordinated girl.

"I'm here to fight in the tournament!" She said.