Encounters

As the group trudged back from the forest, chatting away, Yang nudged Blake.

"So Pyrrha and Jaune...?" Yang said quietly.

"What about them?" Blake asked.

"You know, are they like... a thing?" Yang said with childish glee.

"You would be curious about that wouldn't you" Blake smirked.

"Hey! Don't tell me you aren't interested"

"Well, they do seem rather fond of each other" Blake said, not convinced.

"Oh come on, Pyrrha, one of if not our strongest peers just decides to hang out with a character like Jaune" Yang said, eyebrow raised.

"I guess. I'm not particularly sold though" Blake replied.

"Well in any case, what about you huh?" Yang said slyly. Blake turned a light shade of red and quickly turned away from Yang.

"I don't know what your talking about" She said. Yang chortled. The two rejoined in the group's conversation as they headed toward the cafeteria.

"Oh man, I need some shut eye" Yang said, yawning as team RWBY made their way back into their dormitories.

"Agreed" Weiss replied. Blake stifled her yawn as she checked her calendar. Her eyes glanced at the circled date.

"Oh, the Vital festival is on this weekend" She said out loud.

"The vital what?" Ruby asked.

"Ruby? How can you not know about the vital festival!?" Weiss started. Blake smiled faintly as she climbed up into her bed. She drowned out Weiss' voice and let herself go.

"Rise and shine sleepy heads!" Ruby yelled, blowing on a whistle. Weiss gasped for air as she fell out of the bed. Yang had already started brushing her hair as Blake sat up, her eyes groggy.

"Ruby, what time is it?" Blake said slowly.

"About 6:00" Ruby replied excitedly.

"But why?" Yang said, putting down her brush.

"Because it's the Vital festival today and you know, Weiss was excited about it and all..." Ruby said.

"But the festival doesn't start till 9:00 Ruby" Weiss said in exasperation.

"Oh... well then let's do some laps!" Ruby exclaimed, changing tact instantly. The rest of the team groaned quietly as they sleepily put on their training outfits. Blake thought it quite unfair that Ruby made them do laps when she herself can move at extreme speeds, a notion shared by the other two members. The team made their way down the stairs and past the great hall till they reached the gardens.

"Ready! 25 laps on 3! Ruby began.

"1, 2..."

Yang, Weiss and Blake made their way back to their dormitory, panting loudly as they clutched their sides.

"Where does she... get that... energy" Weiss managed to say as they all collapsed onto their beds.

"Its because of-" Yang began before the sound of the door opening and the wind blowing in their faces alerted the trio of their leaders presence.