Chapter 15

Okay.. here we go.. This chapter was really hard for me to write. Like really hard, hope you all like it.. or well.. hate it.. 

-----------------------------

I wake up feeling sick, a musty smell lifts into my nose and I hear voices somewhere close. My eyes are so dry when I try and open them, they just grate across my iris, causing a burning feeling. When I roll onto my back I find that I’m lying on cold concrete. Groaning in pain as my head throbs from the movement. I can’t seem to remember what happened. Looking around I see a tiny window well bringing in the smallest amount of light. It looks to be around midday, and my stomach, oh gosh, my stomach is bigger than I remember. What happened?

As soon as I ask myself that question, memories hit me like a ton of bricks. What the hell, where am I? I stand with much struggle and look for a door. All my muscles are sore like they haven’t been used in a while. I know Nick wouldn’t keep me here, so I must be in Ron’s captivity. That thought causes a shiver of fear.

As I reach the door I can hear two people talking. But they’re just chatting like nothing has happened. I then realize that they’re probably guards right outside the door. Thinking twice about opening the door, I dash over to the window well. After I pry it open I climb out, so I was in a basement, looking out to the forest, I realize I’m in the same coven Ron has. And there is no way I’m going to get away being this pregnant, its not safe for me to shift while I’m pregnant, I honestly don’t know why I went with Nick to fight the rouges. Which reminds me, Nick!

Nick? I call out through our mind link, but what scares me is I don’t get a response, but I shouldn’t be too worried about, I would feel if he was dead. And he’s not, I wonder if he’s locked up here. That thought has me thinking twice about running off. How am I supposed to know?

Jasmine? But no response from her either, after trying multiple more pack members, I realize nobody is going to respond. For whatever reason, I’m not sure. I would feel if my pack was dead, they’re not. Maybe somehow my mind link is being blocked off? Is that even possible? How am I supposed to know?

After staring out to the forest for another 10 minutes I decide to try and run. After all, I won’t be any help to Nick if he is caught; I have to think about Myra, she’s my joy. And I haven’t even met her yet. So after crawling out of the window well, I start to sprint. Running as fast as this huge belly will let me. Praying that somehow I’ll make it home without any issues.

 ---------------

About an hour into my jog home I hear a low feral growl. But it’s a warming growl. A growl that sends chills down my spine. Nick? Could it be him? Only he has that affect on me.

“Nick?” I call out. Dangerous considering my situation, but really, I swear I can smell him. His wolf shows up and his eyes light up. Immediately he shifts and engulfs me in his arms, swooping me up into the air and spinning me around.

“I’ve never been so worried in my life, we haven’t stopped searching, nobody could contact you, the only thing keeping me in order was I could feel you alive.” He mumbles into my ear. Oh Nick, how I love him, I hate how much I make him worry. I just wish Ron would die. But a bullet just stopped mid air, and didn’t hit him.

“Oh Nick-“ I start but then the hairs on the back of my neck stick up and I feel Ron, I can actually feel him. And that is not something I want, otherwise I might never sleep well again. I stiffen in Nick’s arms and he immediately looks around and he pushes me behind him. Shifting into his wolf in the process, and as he does, I realize I can’t feel my wolf. Panic surges through me as Ron and Nick come face to face. A battle begins with them, but I’m really just trying to contact Ansila.