Chapter 8

Before you go yelling at me for being late, just know that I've had writers block really bad and I just was trying to make the story readable. And well, your going to want to yell at me more when you see how short this freaking chapter is. So, here we go. 

---------------------------------------------

I wake up to a cold feeling; Nick is nowhere to be seen. I get up from my bed a realize its eight in the morning. We slept through the afternoon and night. Or at least I did. I can feel that Nick is still in the house. I walk down to the kitchen and grab an apple. I find Jasmine, Drew, Eric, Susan, Mark, and Selene. But no Nick, they all greet me with a head nod and a one-word sentence of ‘luna’. That’s right, I’m a luna now, still an alpha. But I almost feel less.

I walk into my office and sigh. Shuffling through some paper work somebody comes through the door. I look up and smile. He smiles back and plants a kiss on my cheek.

“Need any help?” Nick asks as he sits on the couch directly to the left of my desk. I laugh and lean back in my chair.

“You know, its now both our office, and now both our paper work. So yeah, some help would be nice” I say with a smirk. He smiles and moves to the chair in front of my desk.

“Pass me some paper work” he smiles. I pass him the stuff I don’t want to do with a smirk and he sighs. Immediately going through them and grabbing a pen, after I finish some work that goes to the council alerting them of the joining of the uniting of packs. After finishing the letter and writing down all the names of the people in the pack I stand up and stretch. Nick seems involved with what he’s doing. I think about the vampire downstairs. What’s his deal?

“We still have to interrogate that vampire,” I whisper behind him into his ear. Nick just responds with a growl.

“I know, we should get it out of the way, lets eat lunch and go deal with that dude.” He stands up and walks with me downstairs to the kitchen. I go through the cupboards looking for something to make when Jasmine and Drew come in holding hands.

“Hungry?” I ask them.

“You really have to ask me that question?” she laughs.

“Oh that’s right, you can eat all the time,” I laugh with her. The guys just give us questioning looks. Which causes us to laugh even more. It feels good, like all my stress I’ve been balling up inside is slowing diminishing as I laugh. Eventually our laughter becomes contagious because now our mates are laughing. Eric walks in and looks at us like we had grown a head.

“What’s so funny?” He questions, looking just absolutely lost.

“You face” I smirk, causing him to roll his eyes.

“Very funny” he says with a fake laugh. At that point Jasmine is laughing so hard I think she’s actually going to die from laughter.

After all the laughter dies down and we eat I take a deep breath. Ron creeps me out. Like, big time. First he kidnaps me, and then he gives me his dead mates room. Like why? Vampires and werewolves hate each other. Of course Mark and Selene are a different story. Which reminds me I haven’t seen Selene since this morning. And Mark just walked in; they have been inseparable lately, so this is different.

“Alright lets go” Nick directs his sentence towards me, and our beta’s. I groan inwardly and stand. Knowing we are going to interview Ron. Which I really, really, don’t want to do, but I suck it up and move my way out of the pack house. The scent of pine hitting my nose, my favorite smell if I might add.

When we reach the metal door I punch in the code in the padlock and go down the stairs. All these cells are mostly empty, except for a couple rouges. Which trespassed but caused no damage and will be let out here within a few months.

Hello Princess Ron pops up in my mind as we step in front of his cell. I growl.

“Stay out of my head Ron” I glare at him. Nick glances between Ron and me as a deadly growl comes from him. Ron looks up at him and smirks.

“Jealous?” he laughs. And it wasn’t like a light funny laugh. It was dark and menacing, and almost dangerous. It sent chills down my spine; Nick grabs me at my waist and pulls me close to him. The tingles of his touch help calm me.

“Ron what are you doing here? Why do you keep coming back?” I growl. He just flashes a toothy grin and a vampire appears in next to me. Causing me to shift immediately. Snapping my jaws at his head, he disappears and appears in Ron’s cell. Nick has a gun out and shoots him before he has a chance to take Ron away.

Ron’s smile drops and his eyes get wide as he rushes to the other vampire.

“No, no, please don’t die” I can hear him whisper. I cock my head and glance over at Nick, I’m still in my wolf form because my clothes are shredded on the ground.

“Please brother, please don’t die.” Ron’s eyes are a little watery and he seems to be choking on his words.

“Make sure you get her, okay? You deserve her. Remember the legend,” he whispers before he dies. Vampires can’t die from a regular gun. Both vampires and werewolves die from silver. What legend? Ron looks up at me with tears in his eyes, mixed in with anger. Pure hatred, but that hatred wasn’t pointed towards me. It was pointed towards Nick. He looks towards him and lunges through the bars. Grabbing Nick’s neck and trying to strangle him, but Nick swiftly pulls out of his grasp with ease. I growl at Ron and message Susan to bring me clothes.

“Alpha” Susan nods her head to me and leaves. She hasn’t talked to me much and has been directing me as my proper name. I go around the corner and quickly shift and change. I come back glaring at Ron.

“What legend was he talking about?” I snap. No longer playing games.

“You’ll find out soon enough my love,” He says a little to calmly. I almost feel bad for him losing his brother. But you know all he does is cause trouble, so I can’t feel bad for him.

“Answer her!” Nick bellows.

“Or what?”

“Or I’ll shoot you too” Nick pulls the gun out and points it at his head. Aiming at his forehead right between his eyes.

“You can’t kill me, she won’t let you” he smiles at me. I laugh and cross me arms.

“Shoot whenever your ready” I state aiming my sentence at Nick, but I was staring at Ron.

He just laughs. Nick clicks the bullet into place and Ron just stares at me.

“Tell the devil I said hi,” I say before Nick pulls the trigger.

---------------------------------

Well, I know what you're thinking. What a horrible chapter, and to make it worse, short! Well yeah, I'm so sorry guys. Well tell me what you think, I know this chapter is absolutly my worst, so let me have it. 

Don't forget to...

Vote!

Comment!

Fan!