Chapter 2

The next morning is painfully tiring; it took everything in me to get out of bed. I take a nice long cool shower, waking me up some bit. I’m forced to apply makeup to my face today as well. As I normally don’t wear any or much, I need to cover my sleepiness.

Jasmine comes bursting into my room and jumping on my bed.

“Details Chicka!” she exclaims. I roll my eyes and groan. I was hoping she was going to forget. But alas, it’s Jasmine, my best friend and beta. No way is she going to forget. I go on to tell her of the details of what happened. How he held my hand and kissed my knuckles. How he wanted to know every detail of me, and our bond was so strong, us both having alpha blood in us.

She grabs my hand and tells me she is so excited for me. We continue talking about random things afterwards. When we receive a knock on our door. I hear Eric answer and immediately I smell my mate. I look at Jasmine confused and run out my door, stopping at the top of the stars containing myself and walking down calmly.

“What are you doing here?” Eric asks.

“I’m here to talk to Jen, uh Jennifer.” He smiles at me behind Eric.

“Thanks Eric, I got it from here” I push him out of the way. He rolls his eyes and goes and sits. I step outside smiling brightly.

“I have a proposition miss Jennabell.” He smiles, the nickname he gave me last night.

“Oh? And what could that be?” I ask walking with him down a path into the woods. Once we’re out of ears reach of the house he turns and grabs my hands. Look down at me with such love I have never seen before. I can only look at him the same.

“I want you to be my luna to my pack” He says squeezing my hands in his. Wait what? His pack luna, that can’t be because, well, I built this pack with my own hands. My heart stops, he wants me to leave my pack, and join his. I’m sorry, but I can’t ever leave my pack. They need me.

“What?” I ask gently pulling my hands away from his. He stares down at my hands and dropped face and swallows hard.

“I wanted you to come and, uh, join my pack” he rubs the back of his neck nervously.

“I thought that’s what you asked, Nick, I can’t leave my pack.” I say trying to keep my cool.

“You can’t expect me to just up and leave them, I built this pack with my own bare hands, I can’t just abandon it.” I sigh and look down at the ground. Biting my bottom lip. I feel his hands come and pull me close around the waist.

“But, why can’t you just give the pack to your beta? Jasmine, she seems tough.” He whispers gently, begging me with his eyes. I pull out of his arms and take a step back.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t leave me pack. Not with the rouges getting braver day by day, and my pack, I just can’t.” I look away from him. He takes another step towards me and I step away again. Causing him to growl.

“Jennifer, please.” He pleads, “I can’t live without you, I feel empty when I’m not near you”

“And I feel the same, believe me Nick, but you can’t expect me to just leave my pack, you wouldn’t leave your pack!” I exclaim getting irritated.

“I actually do expect you to leave your pack, you’re my mate. You’re mine.” He says softly and coming closer to me again, causing me to move away again. But I bump into a tree. Causing him to push closer.

“I’m sorry Nick, but I’m not leaving my pack” I raise my head high, looking up at him. He again pushes closer, we now share breaths, and I inhale sharply, breathing in his scent.