Mistletoe

Christmas is Chloe Beale's favorite time of year, so she insisted on having an ugly sweater party at the Bella house.

"Are we inviting the Trebles?" Emily asked.

"Sure! The more the merrier. I was gonna call Aubrey too. Amy, did you invite Bumper? Tell him to invite Donald too. It'll be a big reunion!" Chloe beamed.

"Should I invite Luke?" Beca smirked, knowing that the redhead used to have a huge crush on her former boss.

"Um, yes! I just wanna look at him," Stacie squealed.

"Oh my gosh, you still talk to him? Beca have you been holding out on me?!" Chloe giggled.

"I mean, we only talk occasionally. I'll shoot him a text about it, but no promises that he'll even be free. He's a busy bastard," Beca pulled out her phone to text the British man.

~~~~~

The Bellas all scurried around, decorating for their ugly Christmas sweater party. Beca moseyed out of her room wearing the iconic sweater from the Grinch.

"Chloe, I hate you," the brunette grumbled.

"Oh my gosh, you actually put it on! You look adorable! This is so great!" Chloe cackled, pulling her phone out to take a picture.

"So. Much. Hate. Can't I just wear my red and green sweater? The one with the stripes and music notes and shit. It suits me a lot more than this thing," Beca groaned.

"No. You're wearing the Grinch sweater and that's final! Now, make yourself useful and hang some mistletoe in the doorways," Chloe handed the box to Beca with a devious smirk.

"First the sweater, now mistletoe?! The things I do for you, Beale..."

~~~~~

The Treblemakers arrived all together, with the exception of Bumper and Donald who hadn't showed up yet. About a half an hour into the party, Aubrey strolled in. She donned a Santa hat with "Nice" written across the front atop her perfect, loose curls, and her sweater featured the iconic "leg lamp" from A Christmas Story. The sweater was snug, and she paired it with even more snug white leggings. Leave it to Aubrey Posen to manage to look stunning at an ugly Christmas sweater party. Beca wasn't surprised, as the blonde virtually always looked stunning, but she was also bearing gifts, which did come as a surprise. Chloe was no where near the front door when Aubrey arrived, so since Beca was huddled on the couch right by the door, she took it upon herself to greet the older girl.

"Ho, ho, ho, and a happy New Year," Beca mumbled, sending Aubrey into a fit of giggles.

"Well, it looks like someone needs to drink some more egg nog. Merry Christmas you Scrooge," Aubrey plopped the gifts down on the hassock, and pulled Beca in for a hug.

"Yeah, bah humbug. Egg nog is gross. This sweater is embarrassing. I hate Chloe," Beca grumbled, pulling out of the hug and crossing her arms.

"Oh my gosh, it's the sweater from the Grinch! Okay, I take it back. You can't be a Scrooge, because now you have to be a Grinch," Aubrey chuckled again, "But seriously, you don't like egg nog?!"

"Okay, in all honesty, I've never actually tried it. I'm just grumpy. I don't like people. Especially loud, drunk, and annoying people," Beca confessed, plopping back down on the couch.

"So you've resorted to exiling yourself from the rest of the party, then? Where's Jesse?"

"Shit, Chloe didn't tell you? Jesse and I broke up. I just didn't have the same feelings for him as he did for me. I sort of realized that I never truly had any romantic feelings for him, I was just confused. By all means, he's a great guy, and the relationship wasn't bad, but it just wasn't gonna work out. The way it ended... was not great... he was devastated, understandably so. I sorta blindsided him. So shit's awkward as hell now, but he never turns down an invite to an aca-party, so here we are," Beca sighed.