Epilogue (Edited)

I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant,

for I have not forgotten your commands. Psalm 119:176

"Patrick!" I exclaimed, running out of my room with milk and eggs dropping from my hair. I scowled, trying to find the five year old with his three year old accomplice. "I am home from college and this is how you treat me?" I asked, hearing giggles.

Patrick laughed when I have him and Lilly a bear hug. "Stop!" he said, trying to push away from me.

I rubbed my face all over them. "Oh! I love you both so much!" I exclaimed.

"Put us down!" Lilly exclaimed. "I'm dirty. I wanna be clean!"

I placed Patrick down. "Clean up and then clean up my room. If not, then I will stick horse poop in your clothes again."

"Ember!" a female voice exclaimed. I saw my mother looking at us with shock in her eyes, holding my nine month old brother in her hands. "What is this?! ! I just mopped!"

"Well, Patrick and Lilly decided to booby trap my room with milk and eggs. I got them back. I'll get Lilly cleaned and myself. Patrick is going to clean himself up and then the bedroom. Hallway is my fault, so I'll clean up."

"Be sure that you do," Mom said, smiling a bit. "Gabriel wants to see his sister."

"Is Jason almost here?" I asked, really wanting to see my four month old niece.

"Almost. Get cleaned and then you can see them. I'll get you some clothes."

"Let's go get cleaned!" I exclaimed going into Lilly's bedroom and into the bathroom. I placed her on the toilet cover and started to get ready for the shower by taking off my clothes and hers and getting the water set for both of us.

A year ago, I would be crying in the shower because I missed my dad. A year ago, I would be blaming God for the loss of my father and the loss of hope.

This year, I was thanking God for my baby brother. This year, I was thanking God for my strong family and friends who lifted me up when I was down, and I lifted them up when they were down. And, this year, I was thanking God for finding me someone that I could call my own and a love that I never thought I would find.

I knew that life was a journey, and I knew that it would be tough. But, I knew that with the Father, I could do all things, and he would always lead me home if I strayed too far from him.

Even if it was a long journey home.