Chapter 9 (Edited)

For the sake of my family and friends,

I will say, "Peace be within you." Psalm 122:8

I walked downstairs, after I took my shower, and went into the kitchen. I looked around and saw that Jessica and Duke were by the window, looking at someone or something. "What are you doing?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest. "It's not right for you to be spying on someone."

Jessica jumped and turned around, startled. "Holy tomato!" she exclaimed, putting a hand over her heart. "You scared me."

"What are you doing?" I asked again, raising an eyebrow.

Jessica turned again to the window. She looked at me before looking out the window. "Come here. You gotta see this."

I shook my head and walked out the window, curious. I moved the yellow curtain and looked out. I saw a boy of the age of 19, walking with a Chestnut Stallion, whose head was held up high and nostrils flaring.

"Yummmm, that boy is on fire," Jessica said with a mischievous grin.

I had to agree with her, even if it was silently. He had olive dark skin, with dark forest green eyes. He had black hair that stood up in the front. He was tall, around 6'4, an inch taller than Duke. He didn't have as much muscle as Duke, but he did have some muscle. The guy was... just slender and tall.

"Yes, he does," I replied. "But, you are already taken, Jessica."

The boy looked at the window, where we were standing, making me and Jessica squeal a little and back away from the window, like a pair of teenage school girls, which we were.

There was a loud squeal and hooves against the stone, making me and Jessica look at each other and bust out laughing.

"Get me some carrots, Duke," I said. "I think Phil's going to be hard to catch."

Duke nodded his head. He walked to the fridge and grabbed some carrots while Jessica and I walked outside.

I saw the male on the ground, kind of dazed and Phil was close to the mare pasture, showing off. Pride came off of me as I watched Phil for a little while. His muscles, glistened underneath his hind. His head was tucked close to his body and to the side, so that he wouldn't step on the lead rope. His tail was up a little bit and so was his ears, making him look like a dressage horse. I couldn't help but laugh as I watched the show that he was putting on, not trying to step on his lead rope.

Jessica busted out laughing and helped up the male. "Strike one for you," she said, teasingly. "Two more and then you won't be able to catch him."

"How did this happen?" he asked, his accent being something that I didn't recognize. "One minute, I was standing next to him. Then the thing I know, I'm on the ground and he's standing over there." He gestured to Phil.

"It's because you broke your contact with, His Highness," Jessica replied.

"His-"

I broke him off by whistling. The horses stopped what they were doing and looked at me, ears pricked. I placed my hand in my pocket and made a fist before I pulled it out. I mock bowed, keeping my hand close to my chest. "Would Prince Philip XV please, come here for a treat?" I asked, still bowing.

A few seconds later, I heard metal clicking against stone, as Phil walked over to me. I felt his muzzle on my head, before he started to play with my hair. He want attention from and the "treat" that I had in my hand. Quickly, I grabbed the lead rope that was dangling underneath his halter.

Phil jerked his head back, but I held on, using both hands. He half reared, keeping his legs tucked underneath him. He snorted a little and shook his head, annoyed that I had acted as if I had a treat in my hand. His ears were pinned back, and he gave me an annoyed look, still shaking his head around.