Ch. 2: Grounded!

Chapter 2

Chris and Alex see the family around the front room with their gifts as Chris went to get his gift off the gift table.

            “Alex gets to sit here,” Paul said pointing to the single sofa and she sits down in it.

            “Okay, so who’s first?” she asked.

            “Me!” Frankie said excitedly as he hands her his gift and everyone else chuckled.

            “Thank you,” she said as she took it and opens it.

            Alex sees a small square box.  She was puzzled, but when she opened it, she was surprised to see a pair of earrings of the JB logo.

“Oh wow, thank you Frankie.  These are awesome.”  She gives him a hug.

            “Do you like it?” he asked.

            “I love it,” she told him looking into his eyes.

            “My turn,” Joe said and hands her his little bigger gift.

            She takes the gift, and opens it to see a medium square box.  She was puzzled, and when she opened the box, and inside she was surprised to see a Jonas logo shaped box, and when she opened the box, she saw that it was a jewelry box

            “Oh Joe, I love it, thank you,” she said and hugged him.

            “I know that you don’t have a good one in your room, and so I thought this would be more special.”

            “It is thank you.”

            “I think I should go next,” Chris told everyone which everyone agreed.

            Alex takes his gift, opens it, and inside was a signed photograph and her jaw dropped.  “Alexis, Don’t stop dreaming.  Love, Julie Andrews.”  She looked up, “How did you know?”

            Chris smiled, “You told me that you loved her as a child, so I asked her.”

            “OMG, thank you,” she said and hugged him.

            “It’s my turn now,” Nick said handing her a little long box.

            She opens it, and saw inside was a bracelet with the Jonas’ siblings’ birthstones.  “Oh Nick, it’s beautiful.”

            “Well, I thought that since mom got you the ring, Kevin got you the necklace, I thought you’d like this.”

            “Thank you,” she said and hugs him.

            “I gave you mine,” Dani said looking at Chris.

            “My gift to you is me protecting you,” Rob told her with a smile.

            Alex laughed, “And I thank you so very much for that.”

            “So, it’s my turn,” Kevin said and hands her a more thicker box that made noise.

            She shakes it, thinks about it, opened it up, pushes the tissue paper aside, and sees a tambourine inside it.  “What is this?” she asked laughing and pulled it out of the box.

            “It’s the tambourine that you played at our concert in January.  I thought that you’d like to have it as a keepsake,” he said worried.  “It’s dated and signed by us too.”