Ch. 17: 8/15 & "7th Jonas"

Chapter 17

            Alex was sitting down in a nice room, which they were asking her questions and her answers that they would be cutting later for the opening of the show.

            Soon, she was taken into another room, which was one of the many dancing studios, and she stood there with the camera recording her as she waited.

            “Are you nervous?” the camera man asked her.

            Alex was playing with her necklace and dogtag that she decided to wear both so she felt that her brother Nick was close, as the others.  Alex looked over, “Yes, I am very nervous.  I’m not going to be like ‘beggers can’t be choosers.’  I’ll be fine with who I get.”

            “Who do you think it would be?”

            Alex smiled, “I don’t know… I love Derek, but I love Tony, Maks, and Mark.  They are all very good and talanted professional dancers.  I’m just excited that I get to be with one of them.”

            “Okay, I was just told that the pros are here, and getting told what rooms to go to, so he’ll be here soon.”

            “Cool,” she smiled and looked, “Do you know who it is?” she asked laughing.

            He nods with a smile, “But I’m sorry, I can’t tell you.”

            “That’s fine,” she smiled.  “You have to do your job.”

            Soon there was a knock on the door, it opened up, and Alex’s jaw hit the floor.  “Oh my god… no way…” she smiled beaming and screams going over to meet her dance instructor.

~*~*~*~

            The brothers never heard from Alex since she started her rehearsals in dancing, and she was busy with her rehearsals since the show wasn’t until next month and she had to warm up and get familiar with her dance partner, which she still never told them.

            August 15, Joe was sleeping in on his birthday.  Denise told him that he could sleep in.  So when he woke up, he got up to go to the bathroom, and then came back to bed, lies down and then started thinking about Alex.  They haven’t heard from her, and he felt that she might have forgotten his birthday.  In the family he was the first one of the kids of the year to have his birthday before the others.  And it was his parents’ anniversary too.  He felt special about it, but he didn’t fell it today.  He lies there wishing that Alex would come home for a visit or just to call him.  For his birthday and their parents’ anniversary.

~*~*~*~

            Alex, Chris, and Derek Hough, Alex’s dance partner, were on a plane with a hand held camcorder that Chris was holding for ABC DWTS to record what they were doing.

            “We are on our way to my hometown Westlake, Texas, to surprise my family.  It’s my parents’ anniversary and my brother Joe’s birthday today.  They don’t know that we are coming to surprise them,” Alex said at the camera.

            “They don’t even know that I’m the one that is her partner,” Derek smiled.

            “And, we have our team shirts on under our jackets.  We thought of our team name, and we even have shirts for my family to wear too.  So it’s kind of a gift for everyone.”

            “Plus, we wanted to surprise them with the song and dance that we were given before we left,” Derek added.

            “I can’t wait to see my family,” Alex said and looked at Derek, “I can’t wait for them to see it’s you.”